Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel Elysa Luxembourg and Hotel Sevres St. Germain

May 30th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

Does anyone have any recent feedback about these two hotels? There are no comments about Hotel Sevres St. Germain.

Thank you.
May 30th, 2003, 04:45 PM

I stayed at the Elysa Luxembourg for 2 nights last October. Decent size room with bath--no shower except for handheld. It's a very modest hotel in a good location by the Jardin Luxembourg and Pantheon. I think that I paid about $125 Euro. It's OK, not great, not bad. There's a Metro/RUR station a block away so you can get there directly from both airports.
May 30th, 2003, 04:55 PM

While I can't help with the two hotels you mentioned, we just returned from a stay at Hotel Bonaparte in St. Germain des pres. We loved the area, and we were happy with the hotel. The proprietors were very friendly and helpful. The price we paid was 115E. It has an elevator and I believe it even had air conditioning. Our room was a decent size with a large bathroom, all marble, and a tub with shower [but no shower curtain -- something typical there?] The price also comes with a continental breakfast of croissants, baguettes, and hot chocolat, coffee or tea. It's just off the corner by St. Suplice, and just minutes from the Jardin Luxembourg. We chose that location for a family picture while there. I have a daughter living in that area for a couple years, so I'm sure we'll be back!
Jun 8th, 2003, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Just curious if there was maybe a shower shield instead. Thx.
Jun 8th, 2003, 07:27 PM

had two rooms at elysa last July for 4 nites. Great location and very comfortable lodgings - half a shower shield - but when the whole room is tiled - why worry about a little water on the floor - RER is 15 seconds from the lobby door so access to downtown and the airport is simple - nice little markets around for food and with the gardens across the street - I still feel they are so unappreciated by the normal tourist - got my cheese, wine, fruit and baguettes for lounging in the gardens and could've spent 1/2 the day their just enjoying the atmosphere - very lovely.

my .02 but when I return to Paris I will stay at same place - and I normally change in other cities just to try someplace different.

fantaman