Reload this Page >

Hotel Central Saint Germain?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Debbie

Is anyone familiar with this property? It is located in the Latin Quarter 3 Rue Champollion, 75005.<BR><BR>We will be spending 3 nights in Paris at the end of May. I had requested a few other properties but the reservation company was able to reserve two rooms at this property for our stay. <BR><BR>Thanks! <BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 01:51 PM
Debbie

Okay, I am starting to think that a back up hotel might be in order if no one is familiar with this hotel.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 04:51 AM
elaine

Debbie<BR>I had actually done a google search on your behalf for this hotel, couldn't find anything particularly informative.<BR>It is possible that this hotel has changed its name, as I think "Central" might possibly be a small group of hotels.<BR>You might want to ask them if they used to go by another name.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 05:23 AM
elaine

Aha! Thanks Fred.<BR>Debbie, if you go to www.paris.org you will find comments on it under the name Central des Ecoles which I think might be its old name rather than its new name, since the comments from past guests go back to 1999. It's a 2-star, at least it was. Comments pro and con are mixed.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Debbie

Thanks for the information on the hotel name. <BR><BR>I have also found it listed under Hotel Central Saint Germain on a few reservation sites, such as<BR>http://www.hotels-unis.com/hotels/central_st_germain/fr/<BR><BR>They are all calling it a 3 star. The rate we were offered for the end of May was 130 euros including tax and breakfast.<BR><BR>I may try to find another property since we will be traveling with my in-laws and would like all of us to enjoy the hotel.<BR><BR>Thanks again.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Paris

Go on google type in Hotel central Ecoles. You will find they no longer recommend this hotel anymore. Good thing you are changing hotels!! PJ