Search

Hotel Capri

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Capri

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Capri. The website looks nice, but it is italian so I cannot read it. I have been tearing my hair out trying to find a reasonable place in Capri since we are staying at Sireneuse for 5 nights. We need 2 rooms for myself my husband and two adult daughters. I originally planned to stay at Caesar Augustus, but I would like to find something a little cheaper with a pool closer to Capri Town. It seems La Minerva is beautiful, but no pool, and anything with a pool is more than I would like to spend.
I would like to keep it at $300 per room if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 10:12 AM

DianeL,

Have you checked Mamela and Casa Morgano, which is the sister hotel of Quississana?

I'd recommend Hotel Luna, which we absolutely loved last year ( great location, amazing pool, gorgeous rooms) but it was running about $ 350 per water view room last July.

Anyway, good luck!
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 10:14 AM

Also check Villa Brunella, which is just up the tiny street from Casa Morgano. It was a little cheaper than Hotel Luna last year. I don't know what it goes for now.

Good luck!
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Luna, I have already contacted them and am waiting a reply.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 04:54 PM

DianeL,

Just wanted to mention that you should make sure you request a water view or garden view room at Luna. A few of the other rooms face an interior courtyard!

I hope that Luna can accomodate you at a decent price. It's an excellent location, only about five minutes walk from the main piazzetta, and the pool area is heavenly, though we were annoyed that they charged us for lounge mats!

Good luck!
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 06:38 PM

Hi DianeL, We have just returned from Capri and stayed at Mamela. We really liked it a lot. Everything was very nice. We had a seaview room overlooking the swimming pool. Breakfast was good and the staff were very helpful. The location is good (not far from Luna), close to the main piazza but quiet.