hotel at Edinburgh Scotland airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had a recent experience with either of the two hotels at the Edinburgh airport? Any suggestions as alternatives? My plane leaves at 10:30 in the morning.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:14 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
10:30 isn't early - any reason you want to stay out at the airport?

I always stay right in the city centre - the airport express shuttle bus takes you right to the terminal from Waverly Station in about 20 minutes.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with Janis. You won't have to check in before 9am, and possibly later, so if you will already be in a hotel in town just stay there.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:23 PM

Oh - I see you posted this question twice w/ different info (usually isn't necessary to re-post the same questions - you can "top" your previous thread by adding new info). Anyway. do I understand you are staying in Edinburgh the 1st week, then traveling around some part of Scotland the 2nd week before flying out?

If so, where are you staying the next to last night? Where are you arriving at EDI from? W/ a 10:30 flight you really don't have to stay at the airport - unless for some odd reason you like airport hotels . . . .
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:27 PM

I was posting the same time as Barbara.

bwd3 - a problem w/ only posting part of the info -- we are working w/ one hand tied behind our backs. &quot;Staying in Edinburgh&quot; makes absolute sense if that is where you are coming from - <i>might</i> not in some other situations . . . . . . so tell us what you have planned and we can help you make the best choice.
Old Jul 20th, 2006, 12:37 PM

The Edinburgh Airport Hilton gets very mixed reviews and I would agree with janisj - stay in Edinburgh. The Airport bus gets you out in 20 minutes as it uses the dedicated bus lanes.
I know someone who stayed at the Hilton Airport recently and they were not all that impressed however they had an early flight - 6.30a.m and decided to stay there. They realised that they should have remained in Edinburgh as there was not a lot to do at the airport especially as the airport buses run continuously.
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 03:43 AM

Plus the Hilton isn't right at the airport - you still have to get a bus. I'm not aware of a second 'airport' hotel ?
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 04:07 AM

www.flybybus.com is the website of the direct bus from the centre of Edinburgh to the airport.

As you can see there are buses even in the wee (and not so wee) small hours

Getting to the airport from the centre of Edinburgh isn't a problem so unless you like airport hotels there's no need to stay at one.

Even if you are flying or driving to Edinburgh there's no need to stay at the airport