Search

Hotel at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel at CDG

I will be flying from CDG to Phila early on October 22 and will need a hotel at the airport. I will be arriving there by train from Normandy, so the easier the better - I do not want to stay in Paris that night, although it is tempting. I will have spent 8 days there before I head north!

Don't need anything fancy, just a clean room and a place to get dinner!

Thank you!
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 11:57 AM

www.accorhotels.com have several hotels of varying pricing and amenities on the periphery of the airport - Novotel, Ibis are are Holiday Inn like IME - ETAP a bit more austere. Note my friend stayed in one recently - an airport periphery hotel and almost missed her flight due to the shuttle buses - free shuttle buses being so late - so leave the hotel earlier than you think.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=acco...hrome&ie=UTF-8

The Ibis may be what you want.
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM

There are hotels both on the airport grounds and close by with shuttle service. For those adjoining terminals, look at the official airport site http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...assagers/Home/
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 03:17 PM

Ibis is right on the property. We took the train to CDG from Brittany and followed the signs to the IBIS.
In the morning we had breakfast. And walked to the international. Terminal.

It couldn't have been more convenient and it was a lot less expensive than the major chain hotel
That. Is also at the airport.

Pat
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 03:38 PM

The least expensive of the ones that have the free shuttle is the Campanile Roissy Le Mesnil Amelot-- [email protected]

Just did it a few weeks ago. The shuttle goes to Terminal 2 and 3 but from Terminal two there is the airport train (both are free) to Terminal 1. I paid 79€ on booking.com

When you arrive by train (TGV) to CDG train station (which is in Terminal 2) you go upstairs and there is the shuttle stop. There are around a dozen hotels, and three or four shuttles but there is a large sign and you find your hotel and it tells you which shuttle to take. The Campanile shuttle runs every half hour (there are two Campanile hotels so be clear which one is yours) and also goes to the Comfort Hotel which is right next to it. It's very easy but the shuttle stop can be a bit of a zoo with a lot of people trying to figure out which bus they want for their hotel.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I think Ibis is for me. I had "shuttle" difficulty when I was last there - took a long, long time to get to the hotel and then similar difficulty the next morning getting to the terminal!

Thank you - Fodor's Forums and its members are fantastic!
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM

I stayed at the Sheraton, inside Terminal 2. The RER station is a couple of minutes walk. I took advantage of that and had a nice evening in Paris. The next morning check-in for my connecting AF flight was steps away from the lobby.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 12:43 PM

IBIS it is!!! A short walk to International terminal fpr an older female and it was just fine!
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 01:57 PM

I have stayed in both the Ibis and the Novotel "on" the airport grounds (they're in an area called Roissypôle, adjacent to the RER station that lies between Terminals 1 and 2) and I can't make out what people mean when they say the Ibis is "a short walk to international terminal." No, it is not. It would be quite a hike. Moreover, both Terminals 1 and 2 have international flights, so what exactly is the "international" terminal? Terminal 3 may have international flights as well (it is for mostly budget airlines and charters) but I have never used it.
To access the Ibis (or Novotel) at Roissypôle, you need to catch the CDGVAL automatic train, which links the two terminals and stops at Roissypôle. From the Ibis you'd have great difficulty walking to either Terminal 1 or 2 as the landscape is a spaghetti-like maze of pedestrian-unfriendly roads.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 03:11 PM

I hope that I did not mislead anyone here about the Ibis. My recollection is that it was both easy to find
From our train from Brittainy and easy to get to our flight back to Dulles the next day on Air France.
I should add that we both travel with small roller bags so that may have made the trek easier for us.

Pat
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 04:13 PM

I have also walked from the Ibis.. not sure why I don't recall it being difficult.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Though your question has been answered to your satisfaction, Sophia, Geonev did a great round-up of CDG hotels a couple of years ago.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...port-paris.cfm

For what it's worth, last year I stayed at the Novotel and it met all my expectations.