COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Hotel Amadeus Seville--comunicate rooms

Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Hotel Amadeus Seville--comunicate rooms

Has anyone stayed in this hotel in one of the "comunicate rooms?" Can you describe what this is like? They have offered us (2 adults and 2 small children) this "room." Is this just like adjoining rooms, with a door within the rooms connecting the two? Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 06:37 AM

samtraveler,
I haven't stayed in one of the "comunicate rooms", but what they mean here is what you had suppossed-adjoining rooms with a door connecting the two.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Maribel. Do you think this is a good option for my family? The rate they've offered us is 178 euros (including taxes). Or is there a better option for my family in central Seville?
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 02:28 PM

samtraveler,
Yes, I think it's a very good option and a very reasonable rate. To my mind, the Amadeus just offers really excellent value for such a cute, charming place in such a wonderful location. The suite sleeping 4 at the nearby Casas de la Juderia runs above 200 euros.

But if you' need something for less and are willing to go down to a 2 star, you could check the tariffs at the equally new and nearby (but more basic) Hotel Alcantara. Its rooms are more "dormitory chic" with wall mounted tvs, hospital style, and more Ikea type furnishings but modern baths. The rates are lower but it does share the excellent Santa Cruz quarter location. CathyM and others have stayed there. Do a text search for some testimonials. It does have a typical Andalusian patio, sparely decorated, and it's represented by www.innsofspain.com as their "budget" choice in the city.
The Hosteria del Laurel, of Don Juan Tenorio fame, on the cute Plaza de los Venerables in the Santa Cruz quarter does have some quad rooms (or maybe they're apts. in the annex ) for less money, but again, more basic, a more dated, Old Spain look and less charming.

www.hotelalcantara.net
www.hosteriadellaurel.com

But if price isn't that much of a factor, I'd book at the Amadeus.

Hope this helps.

Old Jan 15th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Very helpful, Maribel. Thank you very much. I'm leaning toward the Amadeus, but I'm going to check the other options you've mentioned here first. Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.