Search

hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel

anyone stayed in the hotel wellington in madrid? if so is it a good location any good eats nearby
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 01:51 PM
P_M

Hello, pam16. Please accept a word of friendly advice. Your title is far too vague. Please repost under something like, "Wellington Hotel in Madrid," in order to catch the eye of anyone who's been there. Good luck.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 02:35 PM

And having read through your posts, I would offer a bit more advice. When people have taken the time to respond to your questions, it is polite to respond, preferably with a "thank you." Punctuating also helps. I know that this is a travel information forum, but a little civility makes the whole experience more pleasant for everyone.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Original Poster

am new to this and didnt know how to post a reply instead of people be so critical about puncuation etc factual answers would help instead no ones perfect and the bullfight replys were disgusting i was asking a question on a travel forum wast asking anyones personal beliefs gee
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:33 AM

The comment on the bullfights probably belongs on the "bullfight" thread, although I can tell you that that topic always causes people to bring up cruelty. Also, the forum makes it impossible to respond after a while, as it doesn't like it when the discussion becomes confrontational.

Now that you know how to post a reply, I can tell you that people, after spending time trying to help you, do like an acknowledgement of their help of some kind, and not just have the original poster dissappear. I noticed you did that on many threads. My personal opinion is also that, if you expect people to take time to give you information, you can take time to punctuate. You don't have to do it perfectly or use perfect grammar or spelling. But a small effort is just good manners.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 04:48 AM

To be quite BLUNT about it, Pam...the only difference between factual answers and the factual answers you don't wish to deal with, accept, etc., is YOU.

If you want advice you have to be willing to put up with a few things periodically such as poor grammar, lack of punctuation, etc. It is either that or go spend the money for a guidebook.

And yes, you are quite welcome for all the help you have been given thus far from very honest and sincere people.
Old Mar 17th, 2006, 05:56 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I didn't read the Bullfight thread - I usually ignore thme knowing how they often turn out.

But to address your posting in general . . .

Just try to read this &quot;<i>am new to this and didnt know how to post a reply instead of people be so critical about puncuation etc factual answers would help instead no ones perfect and the bullfight replys were disgusting i was asking a question on a travel forum wast asking anyones personal beliefs gee</i>&quot; -- w/o any sentences/periods it is just one loooong run on stream of conciousness w/ no point.

Mis-spellings are no big thing. We all make mistakes. (When folks mis-spell cities/hotels etc it is more important because it makes finding info harder)

But this is not text messaging - it is a forum where folks need to understand what you are asking. If you insist on continuing to post this way you will get the same sort of critique every time. So what not TRY to post like an adult in proper sentences?