HORRID reviews for Grafton? Hotel

Jan 31st, 2004, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

HORRID reviews for Grafton? Hotel

I have booked the Grafton through Londontown.com and just read through some reviews on "Trip Advisor" and they are absolutely the worst!

Of course I can cancel, but first I wanted to ask if any of you have had personal experieence with the Grafton and if you agree that this place should be toast?

website is:http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...n_England.html
Jan 31st, 2004, 02:16 PM

Sorry to say I have no personal experience with this hotel but perhaps bringing it back to the top of the queue will get your question some attention.

I looked at the tripadvisor reviews and if it were me, I'd probably cancel the booking. As you said, there were some pretty horrific experiences posted and they were recently dated. If it were one or two negative data points, I'd be inclined to weigh it against the hotel's positive's. But close to half of the reviews were emphatically negative and that would be enough to send me looking elsewhere.
Jan 31st, 2004, 02:24 PM

I've read them, and....

If you have the rate at a cheap price, and have NOT given any money up front, make sure you see the room before checking in, you might have a bargain. The criticisms seem very specific rather than general ones. If you are paying a high rate I'd change hotel, can you advise how much you are paying I may be able to reccomend some alternatives.
Jan 31st, 2004, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

No, it's a relatively low rate for a (supposedly) 4 star hotel. We haven't paid any money yet, and the total price is 99 pounds.

But - after reading SO many bad reviews, I am ready to pay more for a place that is well thought of by its clients!
Jan 31st, 2004, 03:19 PM

Per night, including service and VAT? What time of year are you going, and for how long, and what are you prepared to pay?
Jan 31st, 2004, 04:04 PM

Sadly I am not surprised. IMO the entire Radisson chain is going to hell in a handbasket. I had 2 very bad experiences within the last year - Philadelphia and Dallas - primarily with maintenance and service issues - very significant issues - not just someone having a bad day. There were so many complaints that our corporate travel office will no longer book them either US or international.