honeymoon itinerary

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:36 AM
asude

honeymoon itinerary

My fiance and I are planning a two week honeymoon in Northern Italy the first two weeks of July. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

We're flying in and out of Milan, staying in a villa on Lake Garda for the first week. From there we are planning day trips, including Venice. Any suggestions on the day trips and where to stay in Venice for one night if we decide would help.

After that, we drive to Florence, staying 3 nights there (any suggestions where to stay), then we are going to go to the eastern coast of the Riviera for two nights, we're thinking of the Grand Hotel Miramare in Santa Margherita Ligure (does anyone know this hotel?), then back to Milan for one night and fly home.

What do you think?

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 06:42 AM
jen

There are dozens of lodging recommendations for Florence & Venice on the board already - just search under 'hotel Florence' or some such combination. Some of them even mention romance!

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:49 AM
Rex

Day trips: Trento, for sure, circling Lake Garda, Sirmione.

As for hotels in Venice, budget and expectations determine recommendations. Search Maravege or Bonvecchiati for two well liked possibilities - - but search www.venere.com and you will find all ranges of prices.

Congratulations on your new life in marriage

and...

Best wishes

Rex

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 07:56 AM
asude

Thanks, for the tips. Our budget is pretty flexible, while we don't need 5 stars at every leg, we do want romance and some special treatment (we are, afterall, on our honeymoon).

Our itinerary is also flexible. I'm reading that I may need more time in Florence? Is there much to do on lake Garda? We're staying in Torre, what's it like there?

Old Oct 2nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
rich

the miramare is nice but splendido in portofino isTHE BEST, and expensive. but you will not believe the place. have some linguine and lobster on the outdoor dining area overlooking the mediteranean, awsome. in florence we stayed at the grand, five star, very nice.