Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Hotel recommendations - Rome & Florence - for honeymoon

Hotel recommendations - Rome & Florence - for honeymoon

Nov 30th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Hotel recommendations - Rome & Florence - for honeymoon

Hello!

I am looking for hotel recommendations in Rome and Florence for my honeymoon. We are looking for something romantic, good location, and preferably internet access in the rooms (high speed is even better). Anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!
Hilary
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:12 AM

Hilary, do you have a specific budget in mind?

BC
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:18 AM

Hi Hilary,

In Florence: Tourist House Ghiberti (touristhouseghiberti.com) probably has everything you are looking for. There are a growing number of positive reviews here, and on trip advisor.com. Not terribly expensive either. In 2003 they offered a cash discount, but I don't know if that is still true. Maybe someone who has been there more recently could confirm that, or email to ask.

Best wishes ~ happy honeymoon.
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

bootchick -

Not particularly...but if you have a few recommendations in different price ranges it would be great! Then I can go from there.

Thanks!
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:29 AM

If you're looking at the high end, the Lungarno or the Continentale in Florence are on the river at opposite ends of the Ponte Vecchio, with great views from balconies or terraces. The Continentale is very contemporary, the Lungarno slightly more traditional.
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:30 AM

Price ranges for hotels can be huge, from $50-$500. Do a text search on "florence romantic hotel" and there are several posts for recommended honeymoon spots.
Nov 30th, 2004, 08:42 AM

We stayed at the Lungarno this August. It is expensive, but what a gorgeous room we had overlooking the Arno! And the location was walkable to all the main tourist sites. As I remember, there is no internet access in the room, but I'm sure the hotel would help you out if asked.
Nov 30th, 2004, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the great recommendations in Florence! I am definitely going to check them out.

Any ideas for Rome?
Nov 30th, 2004, 10:58 AM

My favorite is Antica Torre Tournabuoni for an elegant, intimate stay in Florence. An internet cafe is within 5 minutes walk. Beatiful rooms, lovely terrace. If you like a larger hotel, I really enjoy the Excelsior but the rates are out of control (unless 500E a night is within your range).

In Rome, without a doubt the Grande Hotel de la Minerve. Perfect location at the Pantheon, great rooms, personal service, lovely terrace and an exceptional staff.

For my money, these are my favorite hotels in these cities. My taste runs to personal service and a non-chain atmosphere, cobined with a great location.
Nov 30th, 2004, 12:59 PM

We liked Hotel Oceania in Rome. 138E per night cash, with Rick Steves discount. We stayed there 3 nights on our honeymoon in June and will stay there for a night this coming May.

Search this Thread