Honeymoon in July

Search

Honeymoon in July

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2003, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon in July

My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy and Greece in July...we are not looking to do tons of sightseeing but rather have a relaxing vacation and enjoy the beaches and beauty of Italy and Greece...thats not to say that we dont want to see the cities, just spend more time relaxing instead of sightseeing...we would like to start in Northern Italy and travel south ...then jump to a couple of islands in Greece(mykonos and Santorini) where we would then fly home....does anyone have suggestions for an itinerary or places to stay away from---also if what i am proposing doenst make sense....hopefully its not too late to stay in some great places in both countries since i know we are booking late for this July....thanks...joe
Old May 6th, 2003, 08:51 AM

How much time do you have....2 weeks 3 weeks?
What level of accomidation do you prefer, what cities in Italy do are musts on your list?
Fluffy
Old May 6th, 2003, 09:14 AM
donnabee

Haven't been to Italy yet (going in July), but the beaches in Santorini are small and rocky. The Red Beach is interesting to see. There are no waves. Water is very calm. The only beach that came close to a U.S. beach was Paradise Beach and not many people are there. This is funny - but if you wear a one-piece bathing suit, everyone will definately know you are from the U.S.! A must to see in Santorini is the village of Oia.

Old May 6th, 2003, 09:30 AM

Hi,

I guess it depends on how much time you have as to what advice to give, but here are some starting points.

To get to Mykonos or Santorini from Italy, you would most likely have to fly to Athens and connect to those islands. You could ferry to Greece from Italy, to Corfu or some other places, but not M or S. So think about travel between your desired destinations. You can ferry or fly between M and S.

As for Italy, I didn't go to beaches when I was there (it was October), but Tuscany/Cinque Terre can be relaxing - quiet towns and nice countryside.

And I LOVE Santorini, but you don't go there for beaches, as donnabee said.

If you are going for less than 2 weeks, I'd scale back on plans, since you say you want to relax.

Give us some more details, and maybe we can be of more help.

Karen
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:52 AM

I know you do not want to hear this, but Greece does not really fit with Italy. If you have at least 3 weeks, and plan to fly to Athens, then this may make sense. Otherwise, do one or the other--not both.
Old May 7th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Original Poster

we have probably about 3 weeks or so....i would like to stay in high end places for about 1/2 the nights and near high end the other half...is there enough to do in Italy for 3 weeks...or is there another country other that Greece to consider(like Spain maybe which we would also like to see)...i guess we'd like to see the major cities but my fiance has already been to Rome so a long stay in Rome is not something we want...i hear its brutally hot in Rome in the summer...also considering a totally diffent trip to Hawaii...not sure..but i know we have to book soon!!!