My fiance and I are planning a trip to Italy in June for our honeymoon - hooray!
We'd like to start in Sardinia, spending a few nights then go to Salerno and spend a few nights on the Amalfi Coast then head up to Rome. We might go to Florence if we have time (I'm negotiating 3 weeks vs 2 weeks with my boss. Our hotels in Sardinia and possibly Rome are covered because of frequent stay points I have but otherwise we need to watch our money a bit.
1) How would you travel from Sardinia to Salerno? Ferry, fly?
2) I know the drive along the Amalfi Coast is supposed to be stunning. Would you rent a car while you're there only or rent a car to drive up to Rome.
3) If you don't rent a car to drive to Rome, would you train or fly?
4) I've heard car rentals in Italy are steep because of the insurance. Is this true? Do you need the insurance or does your credit card cover you like in the US?
5) Would you train or drive from Rome to Forence?
6) Recommendations on quaint, romantic honeymoon worthy accommodations in Rome & Florence?
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona tour option help please
- 2 New Years in France
- 3 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 4 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 5 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 6 Again, onboard robbery attempts on trains leaving Milano Centrale station
- 7 Which Aran Island??
- 8 Mifi rentals for Portugal
- 9 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 10 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 11 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 12 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 13 Easter Week in Italy
- 14 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 15 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 16 UK's Cornrwall Polzeath spring base
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 19 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 20 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 21 1st time to Europe
- 22 My trip to Prague
- 23 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 24 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 25 Getting to FCO from Rome