Honeymoon-Dublin and Paris

Old Nov 30th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymoon-Dublin and Paris

Hey guys I'm looking for a little help on planning my honeymoon. We are flying into Dublin from Atlanta August 5th and will be staying in Dublin for 4 days, then heading to Paris for 4 days. We are staying at the Four Seasons in Dublin (270 euros a night) but we are still looking for a place in Paris. We are wanting something similar to a B&B or a boutique style hotel for Paris. Anything tips/advice on things to do or restaurants are welcomed and appreciated. Trying to keep the trip under $8K if possible. Airfare is taken care of and is not included in the budget. Thanks.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM

You need to provide people with a nightly budget for your Paris stay if you're looking for advice. I'll also mention that August in Paris is hot and you need to be careful about finding a place with a/c. Not all (esp b & b's) will have it. If you'd consider an apt. Parisperfect.com has been very popular on the forum.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 08:09 AM

Dublin is manageable size wise with the time you have. For Paris, we need a bit more info on your interests. You can't really see everything. B&B are not as common in Paris.

have a look at the Destination guide here for starting point.

Is that 4 days in Paris excluding travel day to city, and excluding fly home day?
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 08:15 AM

We just stayed at Hotel le Petit Paris in the 5th by Luxembourg Gardens and thought it was great: http://www.hotelpetitparis.com/uk/index.php Its not a B&B but a boutique hotel. Its in a nice area, a few minutes walk from the Pantheon. We walked all over the left bank with no problems - but the RER B stop at Luxembourg is a short few minutes walk making it very convenient with luggage.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 08:42 AM

K+K Hotel Cayré is a quite nice and very well located boutique hotel - steps from the Rue du Bac Metro station. Heading in three different directions - it's a few minutes walk to the Louvre, Musée d'Orsay‎, or Notre Dame. It's about 190 Euro/night.

http://en.kkhotels.com/index.php?id=172&
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses. We are a fun couple who enjoy "seeing the sights" but also like to find things off of the beaten path. We will do the museums in Paris but don't want to spend all of our time in them. Travel is not included in the 8 days so it is actually 10 with travel included. I know that we can't see everything but was just hoping to see if there was something out there that we absolutely can't miss. Budget wise about $1000 a day including lodging. We are food junkies. Thanks again.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 12:18 PM

Hotel and location wise, a good choice:
Www-paris-hotel-lutece.com

Atelier Joel Robuchon could satisfy Foodie urge.
Le Comptoir is another.
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Agree with Atelier Joel Robuchon and Le Comptoir for food, and now Reed in the 7th and any of the Constant restaurants. L'Orangerie on Ile St Louis is also lovely and romantic.

For hotels, Hotel Madison in the 6th. Close to so much or Hotel Lutetia in the 7th (clode to Le Bon Marche for shopping)!
Old Nov 30th, 2011, 04:12 PM

for the atmosphere and walking lovely streets, I agree with a previous post recommending Hotel Lutetia. If you want a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower, stay at Hotel Duquesne. (I would describe it as a small boutique hotel) I'm not sure about a/c, b/c I was there in the month of March. It's around the corner from Rodin's musuem, and near 2 different Metro lines. Get a museum multi day pass, so you can avoid the lines and just see the important pieces if you are in hurry. For a night-time view you can climb the Arc de Triomphe. If you are tired of walking take a ride on the Bateau Mouche, board near the Pont Alma (bridge). I think it was about 10 Euros, and a 90 minute ride. Any photos you take will be lovely. If you ride early in your trip, it will help get your bearings as to the big sites to see. If you only have 4 days, skip Sacre Couer & Montmatre (too far). You could see Versailles if you have a 1/2 day and and you are willing to catch an early train.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 12:24 AM

if you don't already follow them for food in Paris, be sure to check out my favorite foodie blogs:

http://hungryforparis.squarespace.co...r-pairs-index/

written by Alexander Lobrano He was European Correspondent for Gourmet magazine from 1999 until it closed in 2009, and has written about food and travel for Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, Travel & Leisure, Departures, Conde Nast Traveler, and many other publications in the United States and the United Kingdom.

He also has a guide of the same name.

I also follow http://www.davidlebovitz.com/

He was at Chez Panisse and now lives and writes from Paris. Their recommendations overlap a bit, but they won't steer you wrong. Also, be sure to check out the other info on their sites. David Lebovitz leads tours now and Alexandar Lobrano has a forum and great related links page:

http://hungryforparis.squarespace.com/links/

Hope you have a great honeymoon. I live part time in Paris but I also love Dublin-I think it will make a great pair of places to visit on such a special occasion!
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the help. My life has now been made easier.