Holiday Inn Express on Belgrave Rd.?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I saw some favorable posts about this property recently. Unfourtunately, I didn't copy or bookmark them and a search isn't proving helpful this morning. I'd be very interested in hearing comments/ opinions on this property since I think I could book it later this summer for points rather than dollars - and we (US folk) all know how good that sounds! Thanks!
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:00 PM

Check the reviews on Trip Advisor.

It is in a decent location with smallish rooms - but I guess you knew that already!

There are several Holiday Inn Express locations across London so it may be worth checking them out if they all can be "bought" for points.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:15 PM

I stayed there once and enjoyed the place enough to return for a second stay. The rooms didn't strike me as smallish. If you're looking for a bathtub in the room, I think you're out of luck--only stall showers at this place. The location is nice--a pleasant walk from Victoria Station.
Old Feb 23rd, 2005, 02:19 PM

I was there earlier this month. This is a typical Belgrave Road restored building (yes, they ALL look the same from the outside). The interior is nicely finished, the staff is friendly and the rate is very fair for this area. Rooms are basic, but the beds are comfortable, the housekeeping is decent and the windows actually operate -- so you'll have what you need. Staircases are typically narrow for this type of building, but there's an elevator that will also get you where you're going.

The breakfast is a self-serve cold affair with croissants, fruit, cereal and toast. We liked the multiple-choice coffee machine that included latte and mocha selections. The hotel doesn't have a good situation for internet access; you'd need to do a dial-up connection and I found it just wasn't worth it -- so take note if that is an important hotel amenity to you.

Location-wise, the hotel is within walking distance to Victoria Station but it is actually closer to the Pimlico tube station. If you like to walk, you'll find some of London's major sites within reasonable distance, including Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Westminster Cathedral, Big Ben and the London Eye.

If you're looking for InterContinental group properties in that general area (as in within walking distance of Victoria Station), the other choice is the Crowne Plaza - St. James.
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input and esp, Flyboy for your in-depth comments! Just what I needed to know. Right now, I'm see-sawing between using up some points and spending some $ via Priceline for a more upgraded property. Or maybe splitting hotels and doing both.