Search

Hiring a private guide rome

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiring a private guide rome

Greetings,

We have hired a private guide in Paris for one of the days that we are there - and would like to do the same for a 1/2 day or day in Rome - We (again <grin&gt are traveling with our 13 year old and 10 year old girls. We have 4 nights in Rome - Any personal recommendations?
Thanks in advance,
Dawn
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 09:23 AM

I can recommend Stefano of Rome Cabs.

http://www.utenti.lycos.it/romecabs/

Old Apr 10th, 2007, 09:30 AM

We would use Icon Tours again, no hesitation (www.icontours.com). They offer a variety of tours for various points of interest throughout Rome and some you can book to include only your family. I'd think with kids this would be great to ensure you keep their interest as they tailor your tour to what interest you, the pace of your party, and how much information you want. (It's easy to get overloaded and remember nothing. Our Icon scholar did a great job balancing this fine line).

We found them very reasonably priced, even for private tours, and Megan, our scholar, was delightful and exceeded our expectations. It was also nice that she met us outside our apartment (they can also meet you at your hotel) so it was easy to find and identify her.

I'd suggest your children each keep an informal little notebook of their trip. It will be fun three weeks after you get back as well as years down the line to look back over it, as a journal sparks memories of special little things you'd thought you forgotten.

Sounds like you'll have a fantastic family vacation, Dawn!
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much - I will check both of these out!
I am very excited and promise a nice trip report when we return; 3 nights in Paris - 7 in South Africa and 4 in Rome!
Old Apr 11th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Friends of ours recommended Katherine from www.abctraveller.com. We've schedule the "Rome Highlights" tour for the end of April.