Hire a bus for a group

Jul 26th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Trish

Hire a bus for a group

Hi, I am part of a group of 50 people going to Scotland in Aug.2002. We will require a bus to take us to some dance competitions(Oban, Crieff, Granton-on-Spey),does anyone know what are the average(and reasonable) prices for a bus for us? Will be staying at Carbrisle Castle(hostel) for two nights, will let you know how we like it, because have heard wonderfull things about it. Thanks for your help from Canada!

Jul 26th, 2002, 10:29 PM
xxx

Let me get this right - You are traveling in August and you are just NOW thinking about how to move 50 people from place to place???

Talk about leaving it to the last possible moment! Let's just hope Sheila (a Scotland expert) reads this. She might have information for you.

But with such a non-specific title she might not ever see it.

I would suggest you post a new thread with Scotland in the title.

Jul 27th, 2002, 11:12 AM
topper

ttt

Jul 27th, 2002, 11:43 AM
janis

I think you have left it VERY late to book large coaches for August. Between all the Edinburgh festivals, highland games, and general tourism, August is a very busy time.

(I agree w/ xxx - try re-posting with a better title and maybe Sheila will see it. She is in Scotland and might have useful information.)

That being said, here are a few agencies you could try

www.rowantravel.co.uk
www.boydscoachhire.co.uk
www.pjtravel.co.uk
www.acluxurycoaches.co.uk

Jul 27th, 2002, 01:39 PM
sounds like

Doesn't this sound like a "Rex-type" trip? "Sorry, guys, all the phone lines from Westerville to Aberdeen were busy for the last year, so we have to rent bicycles."

Jul 27th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Tina

Trish, you might want to email Sheila directly if she doesn't make an appearance in next day or two. If you look at the following thread ---
http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=2&tid=1353178&numresponses=23&start=0&searchText=sheila

that's titled "Questions about Scotland in mid-November" you'll see a response by Sheila.

Jul 27th, 2002, 04:09 PM
topper

Did you really mean 2002? Hopefully it is a typo and you meant 2003. Did someone drop the ball here? Taking 50 people to Scotland and not making transport arrangements until a couple of weeks before the trip seems really strange. For a group that large you would think all the arrangements would have been completed months ago. Why not ask the travel agent who arranged the rest of the tour?

Jul 27th, 2002, 04:11 PM
heytina

thanks tina. that long URL totally screwed up the thread!

Jul 28th, 2002, 10:41 AM
janis

topping for Sheila

Jul 28th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Sheila

I could make some suggestions. Janis thanks for bringing this to my attention. But I think I really neeed to know where you're going to and where from and when. Is this a single hire, or multiple hires?

Presumably you mean Carbisdale Castle? because I've never heard or Carbrisle and neither has Google. I leave on Wednesday, so could we get a move on here, please?

Jul 29th, 2002, 12:53 AM
xxx

Sheila
I think you need your holiday! As a regular reader I know the tone of your last post wasn't meant but, if you read it again, you must admit it sounds a little pompous!

Jul 29th, 2002, 01:05 AM
Sheila

You're probably right and if so, I apologise. I did read it and think "good grief Charlie Brown!". I really can't answer the question without knowing more about where the bus is going from and to; and if I don't get the info by tomorrow night, it's down to Tony

Jul 29th, 2002, 08:13 AM
xxx

Sheila
have a great holiday!!!

Jul 29th, 2002, 01:08 PM
janis

yes, Sheila - have a wonderful time!

Don't worry about this thread -- Trish hasn't come back to check so she must not be TOO concerned about finding transport on such short notice.

Jul 29th, 2002, 01:43 PM
fiona

Janis
I also wondered why Trish bothered to post the question. Even if she HAD managed to sort out the transport problem you'd think she would have acknowledged the replies.
Sheila
have a good holiday- hope the weather is better than here!