Hilton Sorrento Palace

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:23 AM
PAUL

Hilton Sorrento Palace

Have any one stay there before?
What is the best way to go from train station to this hotel? Walk or Taxi?
Also is it difficult to transfer train in Naples from F.S to Circumvesuviana? we have an infant and luggage.
Thanks for the hlep.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 09:35 AM
xxx

Paul,
it's not a difficult transfer at the station. If I recall correctly you will need to go downstairs for the Circum. train to Sorrento.

Once at the train station - if you walk you need to go to the main street behind the station in Sorrento. you'll end up walking up a flight of stairs or walking uphill abit - tough with an infant but not too bad a walk for backpackers.
Then once up at the main street you take a right and walk a few blocks - i believe there are signs. A few blocks down the road you'll take a left and begin another uphill walk - not overly difficult but not something you would want to tackle with an infant and luggage.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Jill

I stayed there three nights in November. We took taxis each time. The streets are busy and with luggage there is no way I'd walk it especially after hiking all day on Capri or elsewhere. The taxi fare is outrageous though. It ranged from 11 Euro to 16.

The Naples transfer is easy enough. Just make sure going from Sorrento back to Naples you get off at the right Naples stop. It is the second to last not the last.

The hotel was very nice and as diamond members did us right. Check out the indoor pool.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Myer

We walked a little farther to the main square.

You should be ok unless you have a lot of luggage. The hardest part must be done regardless how you get to the hotel; down the stais in front of the Sorrento station.

Nobody mentioned but you must be quite careful in Naples. Go downstairs in the train station and after you buy the ticket to Sorrento you'll see an electronic board indicating the trakc #. Be careful here. Different trains use the same track and none of the trains are marked.

Watch the small eletronic sign over the track. It indicates the next train an flashes when it is about to arrive. Wathc for Sorrento.

Have a good trip. Nice town.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Terry

If you leave the train station in Sorrento to the left and walk up the driveway you will cut off alot of walking. If you go straight from the station in Sorrento you will hit the main street. Try to download a map of Sorrento and you will see what I mean.