Hilton London Mews

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 06:46 PM
x

Hilton London Mews

Has anyone stayed at the Hilton London Mews or know anything about it? Thanks

Old Sep 20th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Sandy

If I recall correctly, last year, we stayed just up the street from the Mews, which was somewhat like a boutique hotel. It's a few short blocks behind Herrod's... and a very good location. Sorry, I don't know anything about the rooms but the outside looked nice.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 11:47 AM
Pat

Hi,<BR>Stayed here in Feb and absolutely loved it. I've recommended it to lots of others who stayed there and also loved it.<BR>Thomas, from the front desk is wonderful and the staff can't do enough for you. The breakfast is a full English breakfast and was included in my price. The location is great. You can walk to Green Park station and Hyde Park Station for the underground and the bus stop on Picadilly is a 3 minute walk.<BR>Great restaurants in Shephards Market-including L'Autre and Sofar-which is right behind the hotel.<BR>Very small rooms for doubles. We all had singles and no problem. Hotel is quiet, also.<BR>We are usually a triple, which they unfortunatly don't have, otherwise I'd stay there everytime I'm in London.<BR>Cheers

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 12:45 PM
penny

We found it a few years ago. Met friends and had drinks by the fireplace, and small Christmas tree. nice small intimate place. On a very quiet street, its not behind Harrods, its a short walk from the Four Seasons, and Intercontinential, near Hyde Park corner, I believe its in Mayfair. We stayed at the Lanesborough this August, and again walked by it. Lovely location!

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 02:35 PM
Sandy

Sorry about the mistake. I guess it wasn't the Hilton Mews I was recalling. Happy someone called me on it!

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Topper

Topping for Bri.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Bethany

By the way, what are Mews?<BR><BR>Beth

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 10:26 AM
David White

Bethany,<BR><BR>"Mews" are stables! But the term also refers to housing that has been developed from stables. <BR><BR>Not to worry, the hay, horses, and byproducts have long since left the site of the Hilton Mews.<BR><BR>

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 11:44 AM
linda

A group of 5 stayed at the Hilton Mews in June and we thought it the perfect location. The Shepherd Market behind the hotel is interesting and has a number of good restaurants. Note this is NOT Shepherd Bush which is much further out.<BR><BR>The hotel has only 80 rooms and is much more like a B&B than a Hilton hotel. In fact, we used the Internet and got a rate which included breakfast and dinner in the room rate. The restaurant does a great breakfast; dinner was fine but not a destination restaurant.<BR><BR>Rooms are small but the place is very warm and friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 01:11 PM
plzhelp

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds interesting. Never been to a hotel rooms that used to be a stable! Is it first class? Do they have suites too?

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 05:19 PM
Greg

Location is important to me, so is it walking distance to anything? how big are the rooms? nicely decorated? Is it the same class as the other Hiltons in London?