Help with wine tour guide in Tuscany

Old May 23rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with wine tour guide in Tuscany

We have tried the suggestions for Nathalie, and Ale I found on here. They are booked. Anyone else have suggestions?
Old May 23rd, 2008, 12:10 PM

Try Luca Garapa at Hillsandroads.com, although he's very popular, too, so may be booked.
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:58 AM

We used Todd of Tuscan Trails with a small group and had a great time. www.tuscantrails.com
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM

I can strongly recommend the knowledgeable Angie: http://www.greve-in-chianti.com/angela.htm She has a sommelier's qualification and gives a great tour, often including lunch.
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM

Another vote for Luca Garapa of www.hillsandroads.com. As Weadles writes, he is usually also booked far in advance. When in your trip? But I would still highly suggest you try and write to him. He is fabulous!!!
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:28 PM

I went on a wine tour in tuscany last year with http://www.cellartours.com/italy/wine-tours and I highly recommend them. Hope this helps
Old May 26th, 2008, 03:01 PM

without a doubt contact Sabrina Lorenzini. We just came home from Italy yesterday and used Sabrina for our whole time in Tuscany. She is surely a gem!
Her driving is safe, her van is new and comfortable and her knowledge of the whole area is second to none.

I searched for months before our trip for a driver/guide and was either overwhelmed by their prices or unable to find anyone available for my time period. It was a stroke of luck on a recommendation from another guide that Sabrina came up.

Do yourself a huge favour and send her an inquiry. Her email is
[email protected]
Old May 26th, 2008, 05:18 PM

Antonio Sanguineti and Small Vineyards just started tours. We sell there wines in Idaho and have toured with Antonio many many times. This company has a passion for getting to know the stories and people behind all there wineries and the tours are spectacular. Small Vineyard represent over 60 small Italian vineyards and helps them sell there wine in America. (It's easy for the large vineyards to find an importer but difficult for someone who only produces a few hundred cases). Antonio himself is a very gifted wine maker.

I don't know if the prices are competative with other guides and I'd love to know if people think they are. Here is the web site. http://www.smallvineyardstravel.com/index.php

You can read our impressions of past tours on our web site vinorossoidaho.com