Search

Help with Turkey itinerary for 10-12 days

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Turkey itinerary for 10-12 days

HI ,

i just planned to visit Turkey with my husband in mid october . Started looking at the places . Realised there is just too much to see but we just have 10 - 12 (max) days .

Based on what i could figure out i really want to go to Istanbul, Cappadocia , pamukkale and also spend some time on the beautiful beach of turkey.

can anyone guide me to select a beach . A beach which is not too expensive or very touristy but still has all the basic amenities and is equally beautiful .

Also if anyone can guide me to plan out this itinerary , how much time to dedicare to which place and also if i have missed out some place. My budget is to work out everything cheap or atleast not expensive.

Thanks in advance,
Goldenpot
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

anyone any suggestion ?
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 09:27 AM

We just got back from our first time in Turkey.

You could spend 3 days in Istanbul, two days in Cappadocia, 2 days in Ephesus/Pamukkale. These would be the minimums for each spot - and doesn't include travel days!
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM

https://picasaweb.google.com/stuartt...cenesOfTurkey#

This might give you some ideas...scanned photos of Cap, Pam, Ephesus, etc. I have selected pix of Istanbul also if you wish. It's a very tight schedule that you're working with. Travel times within Turkey can be extensive depending on mode of transportation. I would suggest flying to make the most of your short schedule. (The "beautiful beach" may be a problem reaching with your schedule).The turquoise coast has a number of places that would qualify...adding significantly to your travel time logistics. In my experience, beach-going in Turkey is not usually the prime goal of travelers to the region. The multitudes of initriguing sites far woutweigh the beach attraction for most visitors.
Old Jun 19th, 2012, 01:36 PM

"OUTWEIGH"...