Help with train station

Apr 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Help with train station

I've been looking at the shedule for a train from Levanto to Milan airport and they all come up with Milan Centrale, doesn't the train go to the airport?

Also, what train would get us from the the French Riviera to Levanto or Cinque Terre.
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:10 PM
ira

Hi S,

Are you going to Malpensa or Linate?

You take the shuttle bus from Milan Centrale to Malpensa Airport.

Apr 16th, 2007, 01:12 PM

Trenitalia mainline trains do not go to Malpensa airport. There's a Malpensa Express train that's run by the regional commuter rail Ferrovie Nord and goes from their Cadorna station to Malpensa. Cadorna doesn't have long distance mainline trains.

The best way to get from Milano Centrale to Malpensa airport is by the Malpensa Shuttle bus right outside the train station. 5 euro, every 20 minutes.
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:31 PM

I do not know if any train coming from France would stop in Levanto, but it is a four hour ride from Ventimiglia which is on the French border. Try ty[oing in your information on this site:

http://orario.trenitalia.com
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:46 PM
Original Poster

Wow, no train to Malpensa, that's a real bummer. I'm guessing that Malpensa is the closest International airport to Cinque Terre, am I right?

How do people get from the French Riviera to the Italian Riviera if there's no train.
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:48 PM

Not all trains stop in all towns. Levanto is a small town, so you probably have to transfer to a local train, either in Ventimiglia or in Genoa.
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

Would it be a better idea to drive from the French Riviera to the Italian Riviera?

I don't imagine there's any short flights from Nice to some small airport near Cinque Terre is there?
Apr 16th, 2007, 01:59 PM

You can drive, but it will be very expensive given the cross-border drop-off charges. On the other hand, some poeple advise against the autostrada on that stretch of the Italian Riviera because of its innumerable and discomforting tunnels.