Search

Help with these hotels in Portovenere

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with these hotels in Portovenere

Hello,

I've read a lot of great things about the Grand Hotel in Portovenere. When I inquired about rooms I was told they only had interior rooms available. (Sept 27-Oct2). I have also read (here) that some of them tend to be very small.

Can anyone recommend specific rooms at the GH or at the Albergo Paradiso, or Belverdere? They all sound like good options, but we will be there for 5 days and want a bit larger space.

Also I don't think we will stay at The Royal Sporting Hotel even though we have heard good things.

Thanks!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:32 PM

I suspect only the hotels can tell you what they have available for those dates. You may have had more options 3 months ago. I have stayed at 2 of those and they all are fine. Ask the hotels what they have and for how much. Of course, the GHP will be more expensive.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 11:33 AM

My husband and I spent three nights at the Albergo Paradiso Hotel in Portovenere last October. Our room was very basic but with a nice view of the harbor. The bathroom is VERY small. The hotel had a nice dining room where we had breakfast each morning. Portovenere is a great village to visit.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 06:57 PM

I have stayed at all 3 of these hotels. If an interior room means that you don't have a view of the bay, I would choose one of the others. We have stayed in a very small room at GHP and it was just fine, it had everyting we needed and I actually enjoyed it very much, but we did have a little tiny balcony to stand on.
The Paradiso and Belvedere are so similiar, next door to each other, I would opt for a room with a view and balcony at one of them.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 03:59 AM

Susana, if you stayed in summer, how was air conditioning in these 3 hotels? Is it controlled in the room or does the hotel control it, and how well did it work?