Help with Spain in November

Jun 15th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Ivy
Original Poster

Help with Spain in November

Just found out my October Trip to Andaluscia will have to wait until mid-november! So I am wondering, is this still an OK time to go weather-wise? I read some old posts about it and there seems to be a split, some think it is too rainy, others say it is great. I don't mind the cool weather, but I don't want it to be too rainy. Opinions?
Jun 15th, 2004, 07:46 AM

I haven't been to Andalucía that time of year, but I looked on weather.com, and it looks like the temperatures should be great- average highs around 70.

It doesn't list precipitation, though, but you know what they say-- The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain!
(Sorry-- I couldn't resist!)
Jun 15th, 2004, 07:57 AM

Actually, I just looked on another site:
www.weatherbase.com
and it says that Seville averages 8 days with precipitation in the month of November, which doesn't sound too bad at all.
Jun 15th, 2004, 08:43 AM

This is purely anecdotal of course, but we went mid-Nov 2000 and had fantastic weather - 70s and only one of 10 days had rain.
Jun 15th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Ivy
Original Poster

Marcy: where exactly IS the plain??

I went to weatherbase as well and while 8 days in a month doesn't seem like that much, compared to the summer it's quite high. I am just wondering if maybe I should not try to do a country-side trip in November and instead do a city trip somewhere. But I REALLY want to go to andaluscia. Brian's post seems promising. anyone else?
Jun 15th, 2004, 09:44 AM

Ivy,
Given the choice between highs in the upper 90's or comfortable temperatures with a slight chance of rain, I know what I'd pick!

Even though there may be 8 days in a month when it rains, that doesn't mean that it rains all day, either, You could have rain for half an hour and it would still be counted as one of those 8 days.
Jun 15th, 2004, 03:21 PM
mjs

We were in Spain last Thanksgiving for two weeks. Weather was in the mid 60's high and low 40's low in Madrid, Segovia, Seville, Rhonda, Granada, Barcelona and the Costa Brava. I do not remember any rain. Few tourists. Nice time to go to the South of Spain.
Jun 15th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Ivy
Original Poster

Thanks mjs! So far all news in encouraging. I think we will stick to the plan! It will be our first time in Spain, really looking forward to it.
Jun 16th, 2004, 04:30 AM

Well, I may not be a good voice, because I went in February and thought it was great! I love to travel off season - no crowds, lower prices.

BTW, Sevilla in February was warm enough for light pants and a t-shirt, and I almost wished I had brought shorts with me one day.

I'd say go for it! You never know what the weather will be like from one year to the next as far as rain goes, so take a chance, and hope for the best!

Karen