Help with S. France on Sunday:Sete

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2007, 04:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We wil be in Sete [S.of Montpelier ]for the day on a Sunday.On Monday we travel to Carcassonne.Can anyone help us with an itinerary for Sundayretty villages and maybe a restaurant for a meal?We will not have a car,but if the only way to rescue the day is with a rental,we will do that.I cannot find much information about the area around Sete,and hope someone out there will help us rescue the day.So many thanks.
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 06:52 AM

Why don't you spend the Sunday at Sete. It's a nice town to explore and the food there is great.

There isn't much better than spend a Sunday afternoon ordering a "Bouillabaisse". Get a nice bottle of wine and relax. Mediterranean Living cannot be better than a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Blackduff
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

We may do that.....Any favorite bistros ????
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 08:24 AM

If you do a search for Sete you should come across Robjame's recent posts about 3 days or so in the Sete area. There's plenty to do, including museums, visits to Bouzigue for oysters, and just wandering around the quai area.

It's not exactly a bistro sort of town.
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 08:24 AM

http://www.linternaute.com/ville/vil...392/sete.shtml

I don't have a fav but take a look and find one which is right on the harbour. Of course, find one with lots of stars too.

Check out which wines they have and don't order anything which isn't from this region. The quality is good and the price is much lower.

Enjoy

Blackduff
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 09:00 AM

StCirq
Robjame's post is great.

Blackduff
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 09:49 AM

If you can be laid back and just enjoy a wonderful fishing village, you will have a special day! I would go back in a blink.

http://www.travelblog.org/fred.php?id=211813
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

I am so grateful to StCirq for suggesting I find robjame's posting,His and all al you other helpers have transformed the day for me,and I look forward to a quiet day of walking and eating.
Also.....is there a way to get all the France postings as they happen??I seem to spend so much time digging.And,if I want to view all the postings for one of you,how do I make it happen? I have been reading StCirq's messages for years,as I find them,but do not know how to call them up.I can't seem to find a place to get this help.
So....many thanks to all of you.I look forward to sharing my Sunday in Sete when I return.
Carolina
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 02:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
To see all of someone's posts, click on his or her name. To see all the France posts, select France from the search menu. But that is not fool proof, as the original poster has to have done the same thing when posting, and not everybody does that.