Help with restaurants at Katikies in Santorini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some more help. We are staying at the Katikie Suites and would like to have 1 dinner there, either at the Hotel or the Suites. There are about 5 tiny restaurants there and we can't seem to find menus for them. Anyone have a positive experience in 1 of them? Also, any other interesting restaurants you can recommend there or Naxos or Mykonos? Thanks for your help
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:18 PM

I think you can't find a menu for any of the Katikies restaurants because they change their offerings often. I did take a look at one when I was touring the properties in May, and everything looked very tantalizing, but also VERY expensive. You'll just have to wait until you get there to decide. Other good restaurants in Oia include "1800," Ambrosia, Skala, Laokasti, Pelekanos, Nectar, and Seagull.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:46 PM

jjashworth:

We stayed at the Katikies Hotel this past June. We ate dinner the night that we arrived at the restaurant that is by the pool. The food was very good and the atmosphere was wonderful. The menu included Greek food, salads, and a few other choices. We also enjoyed lunch by the pool one day which was sandwiches and salads among other things. Our big splurge was dinner in The Cave. This was a typical Greek dinner with four or five courses. It was expensive but excellent and so romantic. Because we were staying at the Hotel, our breakfast was included in the cost of the room. There was an American and a Greek Breakfast along with many ala carte choices. We loved the Greek Breakfast and are still eating Greek yogurt and honey in Texas whenever we can. The only items that we found to be sort of outrageous were the wines, so be careful in ordering those. You are in for a treat at the Katikies. It was the highlight of our trip to Greece this summer.
AKNIC
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Dear AKNIC,
We seem to be staying at the same places. We have a reservation at the Bastico Gourmet right and I am a bit concerned about what they will serve. There are only 3 tables. There are about 4 choices there and because we are staying 3 nights, I feel we should dine there 1 night. We are eating at 1200 one night and will probably have a light meal the 3rd night. Did you notice what the other little restaurants at Katikies offered? Thanks for your help. Were you in Naxos or Mykonos? Any suggestions for restaurants there?
Thanks,
jeanne
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 08:01 PM

jjashworth:

When you check into the Katikies Hotel there is a folder in the room with all of the restaurants and their menus and I think it also listed the prices.
I can't believe that I didn't bring some of that information home with me, but I didn't. Sorry! Our dinner in The Cave included a soup, stuffed tomato, lamb shank (that was excellent) and dessert and coffee plus something else I am sure. It was a real treat and the service and setting were unforgetable. We also did the wine tasting one evening and it was so much fun. However, we were a bit taken back with the bill. Good thing that we had a great couple from Texas to share it with and some really wonderful wines to taste. We found our favorite in the airport for a fraction of the cost and brought home several bottles. We ate at 1800 one evening. This was also very good, but it was not inexpensive either. Wish I could be more helpful but we thoroughly enjoyed every meal at the Katikies. Don't think you can go wrong there. The other gourmet type restaurant looked every bit as good but I can't tell you anything from experience.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 02:09 PM

We have tried all the Katikies restaurants, and they really are all great, though expensive. At Katikies Suites, the cave restaurant served the same menu that AKNIC stated: lentil soup, stuffed tomato, lamb shanks, yogurt with cherries for dessert. The White Cave at Katikies Hotel served the exact same dinner. It's their "gourmet traditional" menu, and they evidently don't change it. However, it was one of our very favorite meals on the island- the food was fantistic. I wouldn't change it either!

The gourmet restaurants at both were also great- more medditeranean/continental. They had filet mignon, rack of lamb, bouliabasse, sea bass, and a vegetarian dish for entrees. They also had a seafood rissoto, some unique salads, and other good choices for appetizers. The setting of these restaurants is very romantic and upscale. Definitely a formal feel- good for a special occasion.

The pool restaurants at both were very good quality and they served great salads, a good pasta dish, and souvlaki with taziki sauce, among other things. This was definitely more casual, but again the poolside setting was beautiful. We loved it all! I want to go back!

If you are concerned about having choices, or if you are vegetarian, then you may not like the White Cave restaurants. But really only the lamb was a meat dish- the rest was vegetarian. It was soooo good. Still, if you want to try different things between you, or you want a more formal menu, then go for the gourmet restaurants. Have fun!
Old Aug 14th, 2005, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your good advice. The Caves restaurants do not interest me. I am not a bean and lamb shank lover. If we eat there we will stick to the gourmet restaurant where we have more choice or eat at the pool area.