Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Help with Paris hotels? Have you stayed at....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Linda

I need help with accomodations in Paris. What am I looking for? Clean rooms, private bath w/shower, safe location, comfortable room(not too tiny!)w/double bed, around $80-100/night, close to transportaion/dining/museums, etc. Has anyone stayed at the following hotels?? If so, any particular rooms to avoid or request??<BR><BR>Hotel du Champ de Mars <BR>Hotel Dubois<BR>Artus Hotel<BR>Hotel de France (7th)<BR>Eiffel Park Hotel<BR>Hotel Grandes des Ecoles<BR><BR>I'd appreciate any other recommendations based on your experience!<BR>THANKS!!!

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 06:01 PM
StCirq

I'm a big fan of the H&ocirc;tel de France. I like the staff, I LOVE the mattresses, and I think the location is superb - three blocks from the Place Ecole Militaire in a quiet neighborhood where you can sleep well but be up in the morning and on the bus or m&eacute;tro to get anywhere in Paris within minutes.

Old Dec 4th, 2002, 07:16 PM
harvey

Hotel de l'esperance. Just far enough out of the tourist bustle to be in an authenthic neighboorhood. Recommended in Rick Steve's Paris.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:37 AM
GEO

St Cirq-is that the hotel on blvd de la Tour Maubourg??

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 04:31 AM
MARY

Just back from Paris. Stayed at Hotel du Levant, it was great. Great location in the Latin Quarter, okay sized room with private facilities and all for ?100.00 a night. The breakfast there was also great. www.hoteldulevant.com

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 04:42 AM
zootsi

We stayed at a small hotel near the Arche de Triumpe (sorry about my French!) called Deux Acacia a few years ago. Very clean, quiet, upscale neighborhood near a metro stop. The rooms were modest, but clean, and ran well under $100 a night.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 04:45 AM
elaine

I have tried Google searches, can't find a website for Hotel de France.<BR>Does anyone know of one?<BR>How about an address, phone and fax?<BR>thanks

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Howard

A strong endorsement of Grandes Ecoles. Ask for a room NOT in the main building. Those are the smallest rooms.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 06:49 AM
crusty

Try<BR>http://eurocheapo.com/paris/<BR><BR>Our Travel agent booked us at the France Louvre hotel. Great location!

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:04 AM
Laurie

Elaine, the only Hotel De France I can find in Paris is a Best Western Hotel De France at 46 Rue de la Croix Nivert in the 15th

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Ronda

Hotel du Champ de Mars is a fine hotel at $79 per night. Decorated in French Country. No AC, front side a little noisey in summer due to vendors in early morning arriving on Rue Cler and the cafe across the street but we have enjoyed the place. Has been 8 years since they redecorated but still looks nice.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:10 AM
Ronda

Linda: Have you searched here on these hotels as I know at least some of them have been discussed many times before here. You will find good info.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Mara

Hotel de France Invalides <BR>102, boulevard de La-Tour-Maubourg - 75007 Paris<BR>T: +33 1 47 05 40 49 - F: +33 1 45 56 96 78 <BR>You can see it on the parishotels.com website as well as contact them via email.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM
elaine

thanks

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Christina

www.hoteldefrance.com

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 12:10 PM
elaine

thanks, that's the same parishotels.com page, but I should have tried the hotel name first

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Linda

Have stayed at Champ de Mars twice and am returning next June. We love the location and don't mind the noise and bustle on the street. Stayed once in July and the rooms were warm but we just opened the windows wide; last visit was October. The price quoted for next June for twin accomodation is 78 Euros.