So. Calif Foderite GTG?

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 03:32 PM
xxx.xxx

So. Calif Foderite GTG?

What happened to the GTG. Is it still going? Is it still at Downtown Disney? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 03:36 PM
RzzzA

excuse my ignorance, but what is GTG? I'm from SoCal as well and i'm not familiar with that...

this inquiring mind wants to know...

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 03:42 PM
xxx.xxx

It is a get to gether. There was one being planed in the summer but I think it was shelved, but we should all be here for the winter. I will look for the old thread.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Art

RzzzA - GTG means Get ToGether. There have been some in various parts of the country. I hosted a couple of them at my house some time ago. I will e-mail the person who started talking about it a few months ago.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 03:46 PM
xxx.xxx

Thanks, Al, I cant find it on search.

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 08:40 AM
jjg

So what's a So Calif?

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 08:54 AM
not

So. Cal and So. Calif translates to Southern California

Old Oct 26th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Diane

Art: I see they're still calling you Al. I smile each time it happens. Diane

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 07:16 AM
topper

to the top for GTG info.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Sandi B.

Hey what is the dealio, I want to go meet fellow fodorites, even though I am new around these parts.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Mina

I've never attended one of these, and would like to. My November already looks crappy with business trips though. What about early December? I can help plan if anyone is interested, but I believe someone else started this awhile back?

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Nancy

Yes, in the summer, Art and a few others were writing about getting together at a restaurant in Downtown Disney which would be convenient for those from LA and Orange counties, and maybe San Diego county too.
I think it was postponed to the Fall, so, Art do you want to help plan it again?

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Nancy

PS: After reading your great threads it would be nice to meet you, Mina.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Fodor, not Foder

Where is downtown Disney? Inquiring minds still want to know?

I think it is Fodor, not Foder.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Art

For anyone interested you can e-mail me at the above address.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Sue

I've never been to one either and would love to go to one!

Mina, In what area do you live? After reading your posts, I'd love to meet you too! I'm in Palm Desert, but on a week end could drive in for a get together.

Sue

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:23 PM
Mina

I would also finally like to meet many of the people here who have such a passion for travel.

Sue, I live in the South Bay area. Disney would be a bit of a drive, but everything in So Cal is spread out, it's not a big deal. I think it would be fun. (I've never met a bunch of people "from the Internet".)

I will e-mail Art.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 08:15 AM
xxx

Downtown Disney is in Anaheim. I think it would be a good central location for getting together. The South Bay is remote for most of us and difficult to get to. I hate driving in and out of there. Palm Desert is a long ways out there, but Orange County is easier to get to than LA County. Orange County also works best for those of us coming from San Diego. Any dates set yet?

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Sharon

Who is in charge of this shindig? We need a leader. Last summer there was a woman who was doing all the footwork, but I cant find the thread.
Art, are you our front man?

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 10:11 AM
g

Since Art was nice enough to take it on a few times and even opened his home, maybe it's time someone else steps up. I'd do it, but there's a good chance I'm going to be transferred from So Cal next month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO