Help with itinerary in June

Old Apr 16th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with itinerary in June

Hello. We will be traveling by train from Stockholm to Brussels in June. This is our first trip to this area and want to see all we need to. We have 6 nights to spend and want to travel during daylight. Please help me. Right now I have 2 nts reserved in Brussels. Thank you for all the help you have all already provided.
Travelin Toni
Old Apr 16th, 2005, 10:51 AM

Well - you're talking about four countries (Sweden, Demark, Germany and Belgium ) and there's no way you could even begin to see everything - or even anything - in all these countries? Do you want to do just Stockholm and Brussels - that might makke sense for what looks like 5 1/2 days (although you could easily spend that much time just in Stockholm - or in Brussels with a couple of day trips to Bruges and Ghent).

to get a better answer you need to tell us more about you - who, how many, have you traveled in europe before - and what your interests are. What prompted you to pick these countries? What are your must dos?
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 07:43 AM

ttt
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Yes, we have been to Europe before, but not this region. We selected these countries because we are ending a Baltic cruise in Stockholm and want to see more while we're in the area. We already have days planned in Stockholm and Copenhagen. So really, we have 6 nights in Germany and Belgium. I realize there is enough to fill 6 days in Germany or Brussels. We will go to Bruge, and maybe Antwerp. We enjoy water, rural areas, cathedrals, good food, local color. I know we can't do it all, just want an overview, then we can always go back to see in depth if we like it. Right?
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 05:14 PM

In northern Germany, your interest in water, smaller towns, and local color might take you to the following towns which should be fairly close to your route.

Ploen - it's a cute town of brick buildings in the Holstein Switzerland region north of Luebeck. You can stroll or bike for a day or two - it's surrounded by lakes and popular with the sailboat and watersport crowd.

Celle - hundreds of half-timbered buildings with nice pedestrians-only zones full of cafes and shops - also great for a stroll around.

Rinteln - a small town southeast of Hanover with unique regional architecture known as Weserrenaissance.

Hameln - the Pied Piper's town. A bit touristy but quite attractive witha pretty setting on the Weser River.

Luebeck - a somewhat larger town than the others that is featured in many guidebooks - very attractive port town.