Help with itinerary

Sep 17th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Help with itinerary

Going to a wedding in Kenmare in October. While in the area, we will tour the Ring of Kerry and visit Kinsale. We have 5 days after that to tour. Our plan is to spend one night in Dingle, one in Doolin, and one in Galway.
Here is where I need advice. Is it too much to drive to the north of Donegal from Galway to spend just two nights? Any suggestions?
Sep 17th, 2007, 12:28 PM

I would definitely re-post w/ a better title. "Help with itinerary" could be asking about anywhere in Europe.
Sep 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM

I would forget Donegal. You seem to be setting yourself up to move from place to place, and not allowing time to experience any of the places.

Consider giving two nights to Dingle, with the in-between day for exploration. The same with Galway: get up early and head into Connemara (bearing in mind that the sightseeing day will finish early in October).
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:18 PM

Agree with Padraig, short days Donegal would be a stretch. I would skip Doolin, three pubs not within walking distance and a row of t-shirt shops. I will admit this June we where there for a trip out to the Islands ( we stayed in Lisdoonvarna). The sewage smell outside Macs was as strong as it was on our last two visits. You might consider the a trip out on the Mizen or the Ring of Beara which is just as great as the ROK and is very less crowded.
Sep 18th, 2007, 09:13 AM

As everyone says, you would miss a lot by frantically whizzing around roads and missing lots, besides making yourselves ill!

I would also strongly recommend the Beara penisula - for some pictures and driving recommendations, please click around on my site!

Peter

http://www.hidden-dublin.com/tours/munster_index.html