Help with hotels in Barcelona

Old Feb 25th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with hotels in Barcelona

Hotel Regina, Royal Ramblas or Colon after cruise and right before Easter for my daughter, grandchildren (ages 11 and 14) and me. We want one room and not an apartment. Anyone have suggestions about these hotels? Grandchildren want to be where the action is. Thanks.
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 06:29 AM

you've got to be kidding.
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 07:28 AM

I can tell you the Colon (and not the lower-priced Regencia Colon which is nearby) is located right on the square facing the gothic cathedral. Stayed there several years ago and it's about as close to THAT particular "action" as you can get.

The lower-priced Regencia Colon may also be an option and it isn't much further away.

Now, for other "action" you might look at the MonteCarlo which is located right on Las Ramblas (across for the LeMeridien).

There are a lot of people who will tell you that Las Ramblas is noisey, perhaps visitor-filled, and so forth and not to stay anywhere along it. But the bird ande flower sellers, the illegal shell games, not to mention the living statues might be of particular interest to those traveling with you.
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 11:56 AM

We stayed at Hotel Regina last September and were very happy with our choice. Can't say if they would have one room to accommodate 4 people so best that you call/email and make an inquiry.

The location off the Placa Cataluyna and close to Las Ramblas was ideal. We had friends staying at the Monte Carlo and I much preferred our location.
Old Feb 28th, 2011, 01:29 PM

...????....my response must look weird. I SWEAR there was a couch surfing suggestion at the end of previous post to mine!

I wonder why it doesn't say " removed by Fodor's moderator"?