Help with Ferry Reservation

Jul 4th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Original Poster

Help with Ferry Reservation

I am traveling to Croatia later this month and plan to take a specific ferry from Split to Korcula. I want to make a reservation before I leave the US, if possible, however, when I try to email the Jadrolinija website I'm being blocked. Any way I can make a reservation in advance from the US now, or from Vienna a few days ahead of time?
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:39 AM

Which ship do you want? There are several ways of getting from Split to Korcula. I doubt whether you need to book far in advance.
Jul 4th, 2007, 02:02 AM

Just turn up a bit early on the day and buy the ticket. Its not the QE2. I doubt if you can even book in advance.
Jul 4th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. Specifically, I plan to take the 10:15 ferry on July 19th, Line 604. Would this be the Marko Polo? Also, depending on where I look on the "sailing schedule" section of the Jadrolinija website, I get conflicting information. If I do a "search schedule" or "search schedule on map," the above ferry doesn't show up. If I look under "Table - High Season" or "departures," the departure I want shows up. Hopefully, I'm okay as the latter schedules would appear to be current. I'm on a bit of a tight plan, however, as I need to be in Korcula that evening. I'm picking up a car in Dubv earlier in the week, so perhaps I can check there for availability, but not sure how that works. If the ultimate answer is that I can't book in advance, then I guess I'll just need to show up real early on the 19th.
Jul 4th, 2007, 05:54 AM

I can't access Jadrolinija's schedule at the moment, but line 604 is a local service, not the MARKO POLO's coastal service, so you cannot book seats. The MARKO POLO's twice weekly service leaves on Tuesdays and Saturdays at 0630 or 0700. I'll try to check the details of the ship later.
Jul 4th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, GeoffHamer. The website doesn't mention a ship, only that the ferry departs Split at 10:15 and arrives in Vela Luka(Korchula) at 13:00. I'm assuming this is a car ferry. Let me know if you find out anything else.
Jul 4th, 2007, 01:36 PM

This 1015 sailing to Vela Luka is a car ferry, and is the one which also goes to the island of Lastovo. There should no problem buying a ticket in Split.
Jul 4th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Thank you!