Help with Dublin

Nov 13th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Help with Dublin

Hi all

I need your help i am trying to plan a joint stag and hen weekend to Dublin for myself and partner to Dublin in January 07. I have looked at some of the hotels and they don't seem cheap, i'm looking for a clean safe hotel close to Temple bar for around 20 peolpe. Please could you offer advice on which hotels/apartments to look into.

Kind regards

Suzy
Nov 14th, 2006, 02:48 AM

Have you tried Jurys Inn? There are a few but Christchurch would probably be your best option. Quite frequently they don't have availability on their online booking system but if you phone them they do. They're also stag & hen friendly.
Nov 18th, 2006, 11:35 AM

THe Merrion is one of the most expensive hotels in Dublin so I doubt even a deal would be good value to your group. Also if they find out its a stag/hens of 20 they will definately not take a booking as they have a reputation to keep. Try Jury's Christchurch and IFSC. Also the temple bar hotel on fleet street.Its cheap and cheerful. WHat about renting a few apartments in Stephens hall on Leeson street. Are you coming from the U.S or Europe. Stags have a bad rap at being loud and occasionally rough so do not tell them you are coming for this at it may put some offf a big group.

You should get better prices in Jan o7. Try www.laterooms.com.
Nov 18th, 2006, 11:54 AM

Siobahn, The Merrion was going for 105/nite in January this year when some friends of mine came into town. I know it is generally expensive, but they had some sort of deal.
Nov 19th, 2006, 10:28 AM

That is one hell of a deal! Wish I knew it was on. It normally goes from 300 (Cheapest ) a night to over 1,000 euro for a top end room. That is a budget hotel price so they had a great deal or connection. Its the type of hotel on par with something like the four seasons and a beautiful place but not for a budget group of 20. I think getting an apartment or a few for you all would be a great idea.
Nov 21st, 2006, 07:48 PM

I stayed a the Jury's Christchurch this summer and there was a hen party gathered in the lobby. My sister came up to our room and told me I had to go to the lobby and look around, she said there was a costume party and all these women were dressed up as story book characters. Well let me tell you, they were dressed to the nines! The costumes were so elborate. They were short and let say very sexy and some skanky. I wish I would have taken a picture. Someone in the lobby told me that it was a "Hen" party. They were all having a good time and weren't loud, they just looked like a group of friends having a good time.

Search this Thread