Help with Apartment selection in Krakow

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Apartment selection in Krakow

Hello
My husband, 17 year old son, and 19 year old nephew are ending our 2 week trip to Europe in Krakow over Xmas 2007. We are using Marriott points at all of our other destinations except Krakow and need your help in selecting an apartment. Apartments aren't that expensive and much less than the hotels so price isn't a consideration for the 4 nights. We'd like a 2 bedroom apartment that is VERY close to the Main Square, clean and somewhat upscale versus a Hostel). We are considering the Nordic House, Dubiel Apartmenty, Old Town Apartments - Florianska4, Kazimerz Secret and Crocowdays Apartments. Have you stayed at any of these recently? Which would you recommend and not recommend? Which are very close to the Main Square? Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 09:45 AM

I just made a reservation at www.sodispar.com for fall -- they even show the building exteriors, all of which I think are in the main square. I need very specific things and they claim to have them.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 10:09 AM

I haven't stayed in an apt. there but have visited twice so I looked up a couple of them, as I didn't have time to look up all those addresses (if you know them, posting them might help). But, I can say the Nordic House and Florianska4 are definitely very near the Main Square, so their location is excellent. They are both only a couple blocks from the square. The Kazimierz quarter isn't right off the square (and that is where those apts K... secret are), and it isn't as convenient a location. I wouldn't suggest a first-time visitor stay there if you haven't ever been there before. It can take a while to get to the center from there, whether you walk or take the bus or whatever (I have walked that route, but it's over a mile, I suppose).
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 12:00 PM

We stayed in Krakow in summer of 2005 in an apartment from Old Town Apartments. Ours was very close to the Main Square. The apartment was in an old building with sloping floors and no lift, but the apartments themselves were clean and well furnished and the kitchen and bathroom well equipped. The staff in the office were friendly and helpful, and arranged transport to and from the station, and a trip to the salt mines. There was a washing machine and dryer available. Breakfast was provided in the restaurant/club downstairs, but was not too special. Because the apartment was close to the Main Square, and near bars and clubs, it was not quiet, but there were lots of pretty Polish students walking past to compensate. We would happily stay there again.
Old Jan 6th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help and insight Christina and Chartley. Fidel - I'm researching your suggestion today. Much appreciated....
Old Jan 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Hi Wedding,

I stayed in an apartment on my last visit to Krakow and can thoroughly recommend it.

I had recently been made redundant and received a final pay off from my employer so decided to jet off to Krakow for 3 days to chill out.

I indulged myself by spending 1 night at Wentzl with a view overlooking the Square.......very expensive but you can't put a price on memories or experience.

The other 2 nights were spent at Prince's Apartment on Ul. Grodzka (the top end of Ulica Grodzka.........2 mins walking distance to Rynek Glowny !).

I can't remember the website but if you google it then I'm sure you will find it.

The price was around £ 45.00 for the night inside a beautifully restored apartment.