Search

Help with accommodations in Dubrovnik

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with accommodations in Dubrovnik

Good Morning Folks,

We (family of four - 2 teens) are travelling to Dubrovnik in July for 5 nights and have narrowed down our list to a few apartments lilsted below. I would appreciate hearing of any experiences or suggestions you may have to help me with the final selection. We will use the location as a jumping off point to visit the islands and other neighboring locations, so we don't require a lot of amenities in the lodging. Our first and major requirement is cleanliness followed by accessibility to transportation - buses, boats and car hires. Thanks very much in advance.

Apartments Tomic - Cavat
Villa Andro - Dubrovnik
Villa Ana - Zaton
Villa Fontana - Cavat
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 08:49 AM

Without knowing anything about these specific apartments, I would think Zaton the least convenient location, Dubrovnik the most convenient. Cavtat is a pretty popular place, so there should be a lot of buses from there.

Here's a useful link: http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel...vtat-BR-1.html

So what places do you want to visit?
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 05:41 AM

If you want access to buses & boats, then I would recommend staying in Dubrovnik. Zaton is a little out of the way, unless you plan to drive everywhere. Cavtat has bus & boat connections to the Old Town, but you will have to first travel to Dubrovnik to catch ferries or buses to anywhere else.

With regard to the accommodations you listed, I have not heard of any of them so cannot comment.
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 10:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Mimar and RayKrebs,

Well, I've ruled out Zaton and still have Cavtat in contention mainly due to costs of accomodations. Our plan is to visit Dubrovnik, Elaphite Islands/Lokrum and or Hvar,either Mostar or Ston and general soaking up the local culture and of course FOOD. We might rent a car for the day or hire a driver. To be honest I have yet to really flesh out our itineray until I select our base lodging....Maybe I should do the reverse?

Thanks again and as always, I appreciate any suggestions. Happy New Year.
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 12:41 PM

You may want to forget Hvar as it is a good distance from Dubrovnik. As for your accommodations, a little more information and someone may be able to give you feedback. I tried to google them but found nothing close to the names you've provided. Also do remember that staying in Cavtat means you will make your way to Dubrovnik to catch the ferry or bus to Elafite, Ston, Lokrum and Mostar. Staying outside of the old town in an area we call "Ploce" (plo-cha) might be a better choice for your family. Dubrovnik is very busy in July and you need to make your choices very soon.

Dobrodosli u Dubrovnik
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Dobrodosli,

I found the listings through trip advisor, all of which were very highly rated. I found the accomodations in Dubrovnik (Berkely Hotel, Villa Busovina) almost double the costs of those in Cavat, with the exception of a recently found apartment with Villa Elly Apartments. We would like to keep our lodging costs below 140 Euros per night as we plan to be out and about during the days. I will look into the Ploce area Dubrovnik, and would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Again, thank you so very much.
Old Jan 9th, 2010, 10:28 AM

I think I may know the perfect place for you… Amelie Room and Amelie Studio in Dubrovnik. They share a small common hallway and each sleeps two. I believe they also share the same bath. They are located 3 minutes and 212 stairs from the Pile Gate. We stayed there (Amelie Room) for 4 nights last June and will be returning this June 14 - 17. Amelie Room is only 55E and Amelie Studio is 80E but it also has a kitchenette. The combined price would fall within your budget and provide more privacy. Here are the links to Amelie Room and Amelie Studo.

http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource....p?DASID=D01303
http://www.dubrovnikapartmentsource....p?DASID=D01302