Help - Vienna accommodation

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife & I will be in Vienna for 4-5 nights between Sep 1 - Sep 10, 2008. We are looking for budget accommodation in a hotel/pension or even a studio apartment with a "private attached shower and WC". Our budget is 50 Euro/night. Any recommendations?
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 07:22 AM

We stayed at the Phillips apartment for 5 nights this past May and loved it. It's a small studio apartment with kitchenette. The bathroom has a shower (not with a bathtub). The location is great (about 5 minutes down Singerstrasse from Stephansdom Cathedral), the apartment was very quiet, and there is a grocery store literally across the street.
The price is a little higher than what you specified though... it is 68€ per night.
http://www.netland.at/wien/phillips/

I seem to remember Fodorite poster Operaman (a Vienna expert!) posting good reviews of some apartments a little further out in the Augarten area that were closer to your budget. You might try searcing on Augarten to see if his recommendations come up
Old Jul 12th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestion. I will check for apartments in the Augarten area also.
Our budget is restricted as we are planning a 3 week trip to Belgium and the Netherlands, Germany and Austria and trying to fit in Prague as well as Budapest.
We intend visiting Munich for the Oktoberfest and that is taking up a major chunk of our budget for accommodation.
Any other links you can provide would be most welcome.
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 03:08 PM

Hi Pawan,
Wow, that is a LOT to try to see in 3 weeks. We have spent 3 weeks in Austria alone over the past 2 years and still have much to see.
Just a suggestion - all that moving around between countries adds a lot of money to your trip costs. What about cutting down on the number of places you are trying to visit? You'll save money and you will have a little more time to actually see every location instead of whirling through
Old Jul 14th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Here is a cut and paste from one of Operaman's posts. I am not sure if the links still work.

Author: Operaman
Date: 06/06/2007, 06:34 pm
Try the apartments Augarten:
http://tinyurl.com/2vf3g5
Beatrix Walkner and her family have 5 apartments which are about 15 min or less by walking from city center or you can catch a tram. Around 75 euro a night. Great place, they have a little restaurant on the ground floor as well. Look to our site for places to eat and drink, click on "Links"
http://austria.starkeconcepts.com/