Reload this Page >

Help! Venice Hotel

Search

Help! Venice Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Sherri Kardell

Help! Venice Hotel

I will be in Venice for 3 days in late Sept. any suggestions for a centerally located hotel ? I am looking for 2 couples we want something classy Venitian and clean can pay up to $225 a couple. Any suggestions would be appriecated. Sherri Kardell

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:51 PM
mimi

WE stayed at the Hotel Klette and found it very clean, good breakfast, Venitian, on a canal, and a short walk to St. Marks Sq. Price range in season is probably under $200. Have since found the hotel recommended in guide books and Travel and Leisure.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Diane

Although it's a 5-10 minute walk to the center of things, I enjoyed the Pensione Accademia in Dorsoduro (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong). I appreciated being within walking distance yet in an area that was quiet and peaceful. Although I'm working on that portion of my website, you can read my trip report at<BR>www.travelswithdiane.homestead.com/Italy1.html<BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:20 PM
cheryl

Hi Sherri:<BR><BR>We just returned on Friday. We stayed at the Hotel Giorgione (www.hotelgiorgione.com). It was so charming, wonderful American speaking front desk. Not far from St. Mark's Square. We paid $220.00 Euros during the high season. <BR><BR>Hope this helps & ENJOY.. The city is So beautiful it almost looks fake. I just got back my pictures tonight & I could frame & sell them & make some $$$$

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Paula

We stayed at Hotel Flora and were very pleased. Make sure you request a large room. The hotel and staff were lovely.

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Sherri Kardell

Thanks everyone! I welcome as many suggestions as I can get as I've heard Venice hotels book up quickly and it would be nice to have a couple of choices. <BR>Thanks again everyone.<BR>Sherri Kardell

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 09:01 AM
sandi

Sherri, also try www.venere.com for more choices!