help, torn trying to put together itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last year i went to london and paris. i was there for a total of 4 days and 3 days, respectively. i loved it, but missed some of the stuff i wanted to do. this year i have booked my flight to fly into rome and fly out of paris. this time i have 10.5 days. i don't want to do more than 1-2 days in paris. i just have to go back, haven't had a decent croissant in 10 months . now how do i split my time between rome and another city. maybe florence, venice, or go back and see more of london. also i noticed that many of the discount airlines don't fly into/out of florence. i know i can train rome to florence, but then i'd have to train back to rome and fly to paris. i guess i had such a great time in london that i almost feel compelled to go back.
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 02:03 PM
rex

Analysis paralysis! (a recent thread here dug up this old, but useful term).

You are aware I trust (it appears that you are) that there are inexpensive flights between Rome (or Venice) and Paris? - - on www.volareweb.com - - to help you in your planning.

You need a lifetime to not do a disservice to any of these destinations; make some arbitrary choices!

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 02:11 PM

my sympathies...
Just choose. You can't really make a big mistake, especially if you choose Italia!.
Good luck,
j
Old Mar 20th, 2004, 02:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Probably a pretty simple thing to do is an overnight sleeper from either Florence or Venice to Paris.

The is one from either.

Old Mar 20th, 2004, 05:37 PM
ira

Hi ucsun,

My first thought is if you have ten days in Paris, why bother going anywhere else?

However, if you go to www.volareweb.com you will be able to buy tickets from Paris to Venice for about $40.

www.trenitalia.com/en will give you train schedules from Venice to Florence to Rome.

Have fun.

Old Mar 21st, 2004, 08:13 AM
ira

t
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 08:54 AM
Original Poster

wow, sorry. i actually read my original post and wish there was an edit button on the forum. i really was in a state of rambling.

clear synopsis:
my flight is already booked jfk->rome, paris->jfk. i have roughly 10.5 days. i have never been to italy. but last trip i was in paris and london. i am actually going w/ my same friend (not been to italy either).

i have seen most of the regular tourist things in london. basically we were interested to go visit both oxford and cambridge schools, stonehenge, kens palace, tower of london,london eye, and the such (secondary stuff).

so in the end should i go off and see florence for 2-3 days or go back to london to see the kind of stuff i mentioned above.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 09:15 AM
ira

Hi ucsun,

I'll revise my post.

Visit Rome 2 days, Florence 3 days (see Siena), Venice 2 days, fly to Paris on Volareweb.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 01:04 PM

I agree with Ira, except that I'd spend 3 in Rome and 3 in Florence, 2 in Venice. Finish up in Paris. You can see more of England on your next trip. (Although you might have a hard time not planning an immediate return to Italy.) You've got the addiction now, so might as well relax and enjoy it.
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 01:14 PM
yk

I'd say:

3.5 in Rome (your first day will be exhausted & jet-lagged)
2 in Florence
2 in Venice
Fly Venice-Paris and spend the rest in Paris.