Itinerary Help- Paris- Venice- Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2009, 11:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning my first trip to EUR with my husband. I am thinking about the following itinerary and wanted to get some feedback on it. I know it is pretty basic but I thought I would check to see if there were some suggestions about traveling between Venice and Rome by car so we could see Tuscany...or is a flight or train would be better. We are only going to be there 8 days. I would also love some suggestions on where to stay in those cities...what I should expect to pay. ANYTHING would be helpful!! Thank you in advance!!

Day 1 travel
Day 2 Paris
Day 3 Paris
Day 4 Paris
Day 5 Venice
Day 6 Venice
Day 7 Rome
Day 8 Rome
Day 9 Rome
Day 10 Travel
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 11:08 AM

You are already going at a gallop and "seeing Tuscany" isn't possible except as you whizz through it by train.
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 11:10 AM

You are trying to fit alot in for 8 days. You will lose 1/2 a day every time you move...so you may want to limit yourself to 2 locations. You could spend all 8 days in Rome or Paris and find its not enough!

I would look for cheap flights between the two try www.ryanair.com or www.easyjet.com and www.ba.com has a bunch of sales on now too.

As for between Venice and Rome...I'd take the train.

As for also adding Tuscany...I think that is just way too much...prioritize and take your time so you dont spend all your in transit!
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 11:14 AM
LJ

As others have indicated you are already overscheduled without Tuscany for an 8 day trip. In fact, I would think very seriously of cutting out everything except Paris. For my husband's first trip to Europe, we spent 2 weeks in Paris and did not see all we wanted to. At very most I would think Paris and Rome would be plenty or perhaps, for contrast, Paris and Venice.
Old Jan 21st, 2009, 01:49 PM
ira

Hi K,

As much as I love Paris (I love Paris in the springtime, I love Paris in the Fall.....), I suggest that for this short trip you fly into Venice and out of Rome.

You are going to lose almost an entire day getting from your Paris hotel to your Venice hotel.