Help - Tangiers from Ronda for a day

Oct 3rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Help - Tangiers from Ronda for a day

I was reading the poster below that asked about Marakesh, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a tour we could take and would be feasible to get to if we were staying in Ronda. My research says we are about 1 to 1.5 hours away by car from the port that tours originate in, but it is hard to find good info on this and plan before we go. Any help would be appreciated
Oct 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

leaving in 7 days, thought I would bump this.
Oct 10th, 2007, 09:23 AM

you can do Tangiers in a day from Ronda - drive or take a train to Algerciras then hydrofoils the few miles across the water to Tangiers

Marrakech i believe is way further inland - can't see any non-air day trip there from Ronda
Oct 10th, 2007, 07:14 PM

Why?
Oct 10th, 2007, 08:33 PM

Tangiers is just gross. Don't do it. Morocco is a gorgeous country. Don't go there unless you have at least a week to spend.
Oct 10th, 2007, 11:36 PM

You can take ships from Algeciras to Tangiers, or a faster service from Tarifa to Tetouan. You must be aware that you'll have to write papers and have them stamped in the very ship by moroccan borders authorities, and great lines originate. Be smart and have this done as soon as you board. Try to be first to board and first to leave.
Marrakesh is very far south and it cannot be done as a daytrip.
Anyway, I agree with StCirq. You may have too great troubles to see a very touristic spot.
Oct 11th, 2007, 12:54 AM

We took one day trip from Torremolinos to Tangier, but we did not like at all.
Oct 11th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Latest weather forecast says there'll be wind in the strait. Dont forget to check as occasionally this wind delays and even cancels departures.
Oct 12th, 2007, 05:07 AM

Don't waste a day of your Spanish vacation by going to Tangiers for a day. I did it several years ago, and we went out of Algrecaras to Cueta (it was January and no service that morning from Terifa.) Creepy tour guide (he kept hitting on my friend, even threatening to keep her in Morocco by refusing to give back her passport), long visit to rug store when no one was interested in buying a rug, too short a visit to the local market (I guess no tour guide kickbacks there) and an adequate lunch.

I would have rather had an extra night in Grenada, rather than ruining my massage at the Arab baths by driving late into the night afterwards to our Terife hotel.
Oct 12th, 2007, 05:28 AM

My parents just got back from a cruise that stoped in Tangier, they thought it was the worst place to visit, go somewhere else.
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:06 AM

Author: PalenQ
Date: 10/10/2007, 01:23 pm
you can do Tangiers in a day from Ronda - drive or take a train to Algerciras then hydrofoils the few miles across the water to Tangiers

Marrakech i believe is way further inland - can't see any non-air day trip there from Ronda

Author: Robert2533

Why? Look at a map