Reload this Page >

help, stuck in ronda for 6 nights

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Christy

hi<BR>my mother law bought us a week in reina victoria in ronda. from what i read this is way too much time, we r planning a trip to white villages and nerja. <BR>this is our first visit to ronda, (been to seville and barcelona)<BR>what else is there to in this town (how big is it anyway. need any input<BR>thank you folks.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Monica

Are you actually stuck in Ronda, or are you just staying in that area but you have a car? If you are in the area for a week I think that's fine, you can take it slower as your tour the towns, slow down, savor the experience. My favorite in that are is Caves la pileta, caves with ancient paintings inside. Here's the link to our visit to that area. http://www.markandmonica.com/Travel/arcos.htm

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:31 PM
carol

I think it would be absolutely delightful to be stuck in Ronda and do day trips from there, and have a chance every morning and evening to marvel at the amazing setting of this little town. But if it pains you to stay there, I'd be happy to take the reservations off your hands!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 03:36 PM
Mary J

Hello. Having visited Ronda many times for day visits, just fine but ;myself, cannot imagine using it as a headquarters as there will be that long mountain ride or worse yet drive down the very curvy mountain and heaven forbid if you had to drive up it again, at night. However of course if you are on a bus, leave the driving to the bus driver but I cannot imagine a rookie driving that at night. At any rate, it is a great place to visit.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Christy

guys, I am not saying I don't like it but from what i have read in this post that ronda can be done in 1-2 days, that's all. <BR>thanx for the input.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 01:30 AM
Rondafan

Christy, why do you have to "do" places? Couldn´t you just enjoy the atmosphere and relax?

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 09:16 AM
OhMy

Relax Rondafan it's just a figure of speech.<BR><BR>Christy, I was in Rhonda for about a day and a half I felt it was all I really needed to get a good sense of the city, surroundings, sites, etc. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful city and you will love it but you certainly don't need 6 nights there - especially when there are so many other great towns and villages to visit.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Ben Haines

The reference library of a city near you may have the Thomas Cook European Timetable. Table 672v shows that you can enjoy day trips by train and come back as high as you like: the engine driver is sober. <BR>Ronda 0844, Granada 1110 to 1605, Ronda 1834<BR>Ronda 0750, Monday to Friday, Bobadilla 0838 to 0946, Cordoba 1119 to 1639, Bobadilla 1801 to 2010, Ronda 2103<BR>Ronda 0749, San Roque La linea 0913, cross to Gibraltar, and back. Include afternoon tea. San Roque la Linea 2150, Ronda 2327<BR>Some of these may be quicker by bus, and Cadiz may be a possible bus trip.<BR><BR>Please write if I can help further.<BR><BR>Ben Haines, London<BR><BR>

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 11:46 AM
CathyM

I would definately consider renting a car to visit the white villages - Grazalema, Zahara & Arcos were my favorites. <BR><BR>One quick note on the Pilata caves - we went and there was a sign that they only took 25 people (the sign was in 3 or 4 languages). There were about 15 people up there when we got there and no line - we were on the honor system. We all milled around the cave entrance meeting one another and the guide opened up the entrance about 30 minutes later. By now there were about 35 people at the entrance and several late-comers rushed to the entrance and we were left outside. Unfortunately, this was our only window of time we could visit so I guess I'll just HAVE to go back. I hear the caves are fabulous!<BR><BR>