Help Picking hotel on Sicily

Jul 8th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Help Picking hotel on Sicily

We will be staying one night on Sicily. going to Mazzaro della Valle to see fiance's grandfather's town. also Segesta and Selinunte, defintely lunch in Porto Paulo at Da Vittorios, Trapani, Erice,and Palermo. We'd like to stay outside of Palermo, not at the Moderno. We are going to be there mid-August. Help!!!
Heather
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:25 AM

Feathers,

I'll be putting part of my Sicily trip report online later tonight.

Must say that you are totally underestimating the amount of time involved in seeing the sights you mention - it would take at least a week! In any event don't miss lunch @ Da Vittorio in Porto Palo.

We stayed at the Elimo in Erice, which was fine for 1 night. Down the hill the Tonnaria de Bonnagia in Valderice also looks like a nice place:
http://www.framonhotels.com/ENG/Hote...otel/hotel.htm

Hope this helps,
Andre
Jul 8th, 2003, 09:34 AM

Oh yes, forgot the link for the Elimo. Rates are out of date on the reservation module though - think it's EUR 170 for a double (ouch).

http://www.charmerelax.it

Andre
Jul 8th, 2003, 10:27 AM

You really don't mean one night do you? It's impossible to see all that in a day! Maybe you meant one week?
Jul 8th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

Actually, it is two full days...probably not going to see all mentioned, but those are the areas we would like to see. Mazzaro is definite, and lunch in Porto Paulo.
Jul 8th, 2003, 05:01 PM

I would stick with that particular region then- Mazara del Vallo, Selinunte, Porto Paulo. There would be more than enough for 2 days. Are you landing in Palermo and getting a rental car? Mazara del Vallo is about 70 miles from Palermo's airport- and I'm not sure if you would be like me, but with all the getting lost that I did that would have taken me 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Jul 11th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

Yes we are taking the ferry from Naples to Palermo, arriving early am, getting a rental car,for 2 days, and taking the night-time ferry back to Naples the following day.
We arrive on a Sunday, so I'll probably leave Palermo exploring for Monday so we can see the markets as well.
Heather
Jul 14th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Original Poster

Hey all,
I am having trouble finding a hotel that has a room available in our price range for the night in August we will be there...tried Baglio Spano, Baglio SAnta Croce, Can't find the email address for the Verdetecnica, or the Hotel la Pineta...any suggestions, or do you have their email address? Our price rangeis up to $150 - we'd like a/c and a private bath..Thanks for your help!!
Jul 14th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Original Poster

Okay, I've taken the plunge and booked us into Ai Cartari in Palermo, instead of a hotel closer to Mazara and our other driving destinations!
Now for my last hotel reservation for our trip: a hotel in Milan. We are there for our last night, flying out of Malpensa Airport at 7 am. Any ideas on where to stay? In the city? or By the airport? open to and counting on your recommendations! Thanks. H
Jul 15th, 2003, 02:50 AM

Feathers, I responded to my Sicily trip report where you asked a question, with the verdetecnica website:

http://www.verdetecnica.com/