help...london restaurant reservations...

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Original Poster

help...london restaurant reservations...

hi all,

Okay, we are counting down to single digit days now...(every time I ask my travel friend what time it is, she answers with the number of days we have to departure..lololol).

we are ready..ahhh...she is ready, I am still in the "oh god, have I forgotten anything" panic stage. And in the midst of this, I realized that most of my restaurant reservation emails have not returned. the only one that has is the tea at browns.

We have three others that I have sent twice to email addressses online and no response.
I am now in a panic because we have less than 6 days and I do not know how far in advance we need those reservations.

the three restaurants are:

the hispaniola-last night dinner
the rock garden-after theatre
dakotas-sunday brunch

I know we could possibly just wait until we arrive and try to phone them, but once again I do not know how far in advance we should have done this. I started emailing about 3 weeks ago.

Any suggestions as to why I am not getting a response via email from these restaurants. and should I worry about this or just wait until we arrive and take care of it?

any help would save my sanity here!
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 02:12 AM

Try www.toptable.com to book these restaurants might help. They are a booking agency (no fee) and they always get back to me very quickly with a yes or no for my restaurant bookings. They exist to sort out bookings for busy restaurants so its in their best interest to sort you out quickly.
I hope that this helps
Jim
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 02:17 AM
AllyPally

I agree with Jim. Never had a problem with Toptable. The website is excellent and very much improved on the old one...

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 02:26 AM

I got the URL wrong with toptable. After checking my emails it is
www.toptable.co.uk

Oops sorry
Jim
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 03:28 AM

Why don't you just give them a call? They'll speak very good english
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 05:39 AM

Hi
even the simplest hotel should be happy to make some dinner reservations for you
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 06:00 AM

If you happen to have an American Express Platinum Card, take advantage of their concierge service and their fine dining program as they'll make the reservations for you. I've used it many times for reservations and things like arranging tours.
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Original Poster

hi all,

Just wanted to reply and say thanks about the toptable site. Thru them I have been able to secure 2 out of the 3 reservations so far.

The only one not yet confirmed is the hispaniola...and this is the one we are worried about the most. it is where we want to have dinner our last night and it is a really popular restaurant.

they were saying no openings per toptable, but we are asking them to verify it. keep your fingers crossed for us!

Thanks everyone for the great info!

Old Oct 14th, 2003, 04:49 AM

Hiya
Sent you an email today, if you can email me the info for the last one I can phone and book it - due to unforseen circumstances I am working from home today.
Kavey
Old Oct 14th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Original Poster

hi Kavey,

Thanks but toptable came thru for me on all three reservations! can you believe it! (big sigh of relief!)

I know I was being nitpicky worried, but I really wanted to try all three restaurants.

Thanks everyone for the great recommendation and Kavey, thanks for the offer! Can't wait to see you and Judy!