Help ! London Bridge Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a good rate for my family at the London Bridge Hotel from 1800flyeurope and before I book, I was wondering if anyone has spent the night their and could advise. Thanks to all.
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

thanks
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 08:43 AM

i cant picture the exact hotel but have just spent 5 years at medical school at london bridge and am happy to help if you could provide me with more info e.g. street name or anything else you want to know
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 08:54 AM

Since you don't tell us what the rate is it is hard to tell you if it is a good deal or not.

London Bridge Hotel is in London Bridge St. which is just off the northern end Borough High St. It is close to tube and rail stations, the London Dungeon (avoid at all costs), and the river. It isn't the most convenient location for most sightseeing but could be worse. It is very convenient for things along the southbank like the Globe, Anchor Pub, Tate Modern, Hay's Galleria, Southwark Cathedral, Borough Market, etc.

If you haven't been to London before I might stay farther west (Victoria, South Kensington, etc) but it isn't a bad location.

But again, w/o knowing how much you are paying it is hard to give useful advice . . .
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 09:03 AM

having lived around london bridge for 5yrs i'm slightly biased but think it is an ideal base provided you are able/happy to walk. from experience, walking fairly briskly along the south bank, you can easily reach the west end, covent garden etc in about half an hour, however there is plenty to see and do on your way such as the tate modern, globe, wheel, vinopolis, clink prison, golden hind, many pubs, eateries and street entertainers... and although this area sint as pricey as west london it is certainly up and coming and popular with the city boys for meals out. a good choice!
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 10:47 AM

The hotel is located about two minutes from London Bridge train station so is well connected by underground and mainline trains. Not sure where you are flying in to but if it's Gatwick you can get the train direct to London Bridge. The hotel constantly gets good reviews but some of the rooms are rather small, but this is a common problem in London. The hotel also has a fairly nice Malaysian restaurant called Georgetown where you can quite often book good deals on www.toptable.co.uk