Help! - Hotel in Nerja

Aug 17th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Help! - Hotel in Nerja

Hi all,
We were trying to get a room at the Paraíso del Mar (www.jpmoser.com/paraisodelmar.html) but they are booked for the last two nights of our stay. Boo! We are looking for something similar--small, beachfront, lots of character--under $300/night.
Thanks,
Lezlie
Aug 17th, 2007, 09:20 AM

Type Nerja into the window at the top of the reply column and hit enter. It will up all the threads that have Nerja in it. You should find some helpful info.
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks gailw, I had done that already and everyone is recommending the hotel where we can't get a reservation. Either that or the Parador. I was just hoping for more variety of responses. Guess Nerja is a small town and these two hotels are our best bet.
Aug 17th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Nerja isn't really small and is totally geared to tourists. If you do a web search and post the names of what you might be interested in (use Nerja in the title so aficionados will open the post), you'll probably get some feedback. Good luck. It's a fun place to visit.
Aug 17th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Hmmmm, small, beach front, character...

There aren't a lot with those attributes. Perhaps the Hotel Carabeo , sea side, not the opposite side of the street.

Plaza Cavana seems to be a nice hotel but it is not sea side. Nerja Princess is not sea side either but appears to be a nice newish hotel on a quiet street. Toboso may have sea views but is not small or with character.

The Parador is not a pretty building but it has very nice grounds and an elevator to the beach below.

I personally prefer the part of town east of the Balcon.

Take a look at Tripadvisor and see if any of the listings interest you. I will keep an eye out for your questions.

We are Americans who go to Nerja every year but we always rent apartments. It is our favorite little part of the world.
Aug 17th, 2007, 04:59 PM

I haven't stayed at the Parador in Nerja, but have at many others and have never been disappointed. Check it out at parador.es
Aug 18th, 2007, 03:59 AM

I think my statement about the Parador was poorly worded. I meant to say the exterior of the building is not pretty as it looks like an office building but I am sure the interior is nice. It has been remodeled in the past couple of years and is in a good location on the east side (next to the Paraiso del Mar.)

Definitely consider the Parador.
Aug 19th, 2007, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We've been looking at the Carabeo but read somewhere that they don't allow children under 12. Is this true? We'll be travling to Spain with our 1 year old. We'll be calling tomorrow to ask for sure.
Aug 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM

I'm sorry I don't know about age limits at the Hotel Carabeo. I hope you will post what you find out, NJ.
Aug 20th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

Just called today. They do allow children (don't know why Frommers writes that) and were even happy to provide us with a crib....if they would have had availability. Ugh. Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Aug 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM

In other words, no room at the inn, right?

What about the Parador? With a one year old it might be nice to have those nice grassy grounds.