Search

Nerja Hotel Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nerja Hotel Recommendations

Hi All-

My girlfriend and I are taking a 4 day trip to Nerja in June and would appreciate any hotel or short-term apt. recommendations that can be offered. We'd like to keep the costs reasonable and be in walking distance to the beach and the other attractions Nerja has to offer.

Also, is it worth it to hire a car or should we just take the bus from the Malaga airport? Initially, we were going to have all 4 days in Nerja - does the town offer enough for all 4 days? (Just wondering as my girlfriend likes to be fairly active).

Thanks in advance !!!
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 08:45 AM

http://www.holidaycityeurope.com/elc...laga/index.htm
Check this site, seems like a very nice place
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:37 AM

El Capistrano is nice but it is in the foothills and a long trek to the beach or town. I wouldn't recommend it if you will be there for just four days.

You may want to look at Casa Mercedes, http://www.123casa.com/rentals/hostalcasamercedes.htm
It is not on the sea but the location is decent for the price and it is on the east side. Hotels on the beach are more expensive.

I can't give an opinion about a car hire as we never hire a car but the roads are good. Assuming you are English, it would depend on how comfortable you are driving on the "wrong side" of the road.

I think your four days will pass by quickly. The caves are very interesting and Frigiliana is a cute little town. The promenade on the west side is very nice.

We will be there in June as well (until the 12th.)If you are there at the same time come into Sharps bar on Carabeo in the evening; we will most likely be there. Look for the retired Americans.

We love Nerja!
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:49 PM

We just returned from Nerja 3 weeks ago. We stayed at the Parisio del Mar which was about as nice a beachfront hotel as you could hope to find. It is a small, elegant (but not very expensive)hotel on the cliffs overlooking the Mediteranian, with a private stairway access to the beach. Also had a nice pool, patios, and a great breakfast. It is located on the eastern side of Nerja next door to the Parador.The eastern side of town is a lot quieter and less developed than the western side of town. I think 4 days in Nerja would be great - you can visit the caves, and hike into the Sierras just behind the caves. Pick up a free hiking guide at the Nerja tourist office in town.
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:34 PM

The Paraiso would be my first choice as well:

http://www.jpmoser.com/paraisodelmar.html