Help finding a tour/travel agency for France

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Im planning on going to France and some other undecided country for the 1st two weeks of may. I will be traveling alone, and the Army is paying for my airfare, so cost is not a big issue. I was wondering if y'all could recommend a tour/travel company that caters to solo young(20s) travelers, I'd love to see a soccer(football) game and just have fun, and I know that Paris Saint Germain will be playing while I am there. I don't want to worry about booking hotels and dealing with the details of the trip. Any recommendations?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:13 AM

Contiki
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

Have you been on a tour with them? How was it?
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:50 AM

Contiki are widely known as very heavy drinking fests - with hotels at the end of hell and gone, poor food, crowded buses and very long days sitting watching the countryside go by.

Typically they mover every day - so getting to actually see or do much in any one place is difficult.

I would pick out the dates you need to see this game and then search for tours that will give you that time.
Old Jan 7th, 2013, 09:19 AM

To be honest, I don't think there are a lot of packaged tour companies that cater to young people, at least not in Europe. YOung people tend to do things on their own, and you want some very specific things. I went on a couple package tours when young, actually (not quite that young, early 30s) and just picked a good budget package tour with the itinerary I wanted. It was actually full of people of all ages, I think if you do that, it will be okay. The key was a tour that had a lot of free time and was budget (I think the more expensive tours might cater to more senior groups). The tours I took did not move around each day, but you can figure out what they do by the itinerary, I deliberately chose ones that did not (were in cities about 3 days each). YOu might look at Globus, I think they are fairly moderate in budget. Maybe Cosmos, also.

To be honest, a package may be best for you, given what you want. It will take care of the hotels and minor transportation details, but everything else would be on your own. There are various budget packages, such as
www.go-today.com

YOu