Search

Help creating Paris/Italy Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2019, 03:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help creating Paris/Italy Itinerary

Hi friends,

Planning to go to Paris and Italy for 3 weeks by the end of May next year and need some help putting an itinerary.

Would like to visit Rome, Venice, Florence, & Amalfi Coast while in Italy. Would like to also visit Nice while in France, but I realize there might not be sufficient time considering all I wish to cover in Italy. Mainly plan to do most of our traveling through train (plane too if really necessary( after flying in from Paris or a city in Italy. Just need some help putting together an itinerary that makes sense, Thanks!

*Side note: It will be the 3 of us, including myself (my parents 50+, and me 22), we are very active. Interests include museums, beaches, historical monuments, art, sports, etc...

Old Oct 27th, 2019, 04:22 PM
kja

IMO, those interested in museums, historical monuments, and art (among other things) should think of about a week in Paris and at least 2 weeks for the combination of Rome, Venice, and Florence. For the Amalfi Coast, add another week. For Nice, add another 4 or 5 days. These are estimates only, to be used as a starting point for YOUR research.

As indicated on your other thread, you need to decide on your priorities, check opening / closing times, and plot things out on a calendar that also includes transportation (I already directed you to rome2rio.com) and time on either side of any change in location.
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 04:48 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
So is this a different trip than your Paris+Spain plans - or instead of??

Assuming you have changed plans -- and it seems the Paris is a must since it is the only common destination on the two threads -- three weeks would be about enough for Paris (5-6 days/6-7 nights) and the big three in Italy Venice, Florence, Rome, plus possibly a few days in one other city/region.
Old Oct 27th, 2019, 05:28 PM

Hello - Being active, you and your parents may enjoy a tour we took thru a company called French Mystique Bike Tours. It was a countryside bike tour that left from Paris. We took a train, with our bikes, to the outskirts of Paris and then hopped on our bikes and rode through some incredibly charming villages and beautiful countryside.

We went in late Nov, several years ago, so it was very chilly but it was definately one of the highlights of our trip. I highly recommend it. We were close to your parent's age when we went so if they are active, like we are, they should not have any problem with the trip and I think a 22 year old would enjoy it just as much as they will.