Heathrow to Stansted Help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we are arriving on a saturday mar 07 into heathrow from dallas. we will be arriving at 10:30 am. our flight leaves from stansted at 5pm. on ryan air.
my question is should we take the direct bus from heathrow or go into town on the tube walk around and take a bus from there.
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM

Get on the bus straight to Stansted.

You've got to be checked in by 1620, you won't be at the LHR bus stop till at least 1130 and it's going to take at least two hours plus however long you've got to wait. To get checked in by 1620 means being in the queue by no later than 1600

There really isn't time to add the detour through London and the walking around.
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

ok lets assume we are not going to walk around int central london. i noticed by going into central london i save at least 25-30 pounds. is it worth it to do that.
taking tube to either liverpool or victoria station. or even stratford station.
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 02:36 PM
yk

<i>i noticed by going into central london i save at least 25-30 pounds.</i>

Huh??? Where are you getting these prices?

The bus fare from Heathrow to Stansted on National Express coach is only &pound;22 per person.
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

i meant in total. not per person
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
yk

Can you tell me how much it'll cost you to go from:
Heathrow -&gt; London
London -&gt; Stansted
per person, and by what mode of transportation?
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
&quot;<i>i noticed by going into central london i save at least 25-30 pounds. is it worth it to do that.
taking tube to either liverpool or victoria station. or even stratford station.</i>&quot;

Do you honestly (even IF it did save money which it probably won't) want to schelpp your bags from arrivals to the train or tube station, then on a train to Paddington and tube, bus or taxi across London to Liverpool Street station and another train to Stansted - OR - on the tube all the way across the whole city w/ a line change? All while jet lagged after flying over night . . . .

Or do you want to plop down on the express coach at LHR and not move (or touch your bags) again until arriving at Stansted?

A no brainer IMO.
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 10:19 PM

The earliest you could be in Central London is midday, you need to be leaving central London by 2:30pm

You could take the Tube or coach to Victoria, leave your luggage (&pound;6.50 per bag) at the left luggage office, have a couple of hours in the Westminster area then collect your bags and take the coach from Victoria to Stansted.

BUT don't blame me if you miss your onward flight

And it ISN'T Liverpool Station - it's Liverpool STREET Station
Old Jan 29th, 2009, 11:01 PM

There are any number of ways of getting from Heathrow to Stansted through London. If you've got an hour to kill, play with them at the Stansted website

All the routes involving Victoria go from stops an exceedingly uncomfortably long shlep from Victoria tube station, though the National Express bus goes from Victoria coach station - also a km from the tube, but served by (relatively slow, delay prone and infrequent) coaches from Heathrow.

The apparently most straightforward (Piccadilly line tube to Kings Cross, Victoria line tube to Tottenham Hale then train) requires you to lug your bags up an uncomfortable staircase from the tube to the train. The Liverpool St departures need you to change from the Piccadilly Line at Holborn onto the Central Line

Whether any of these discomforts are &quot;worth it&quot; to you is a decision only you can possibly take.