Heathrow to Knightsbridge

May 30th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

Heathrow to Knightsbridge

I posted for Gatwick to hotel, I am so used to flying into Gatwick that I didn't notice until now that I am going into Heathrow...can you give me some information, this will be my first time with the transport into London by the express, my plans had been to go to Victoria and then get cab.....Thanks - all this last minute stuff always bites you
May 30th, 2007, 02:16 PM

depends partly on exactly where your hotel is. If near the Knightsbridge tube station, I'd just take the tube. It would be easier than the HEX plus the tube or a taxi from Paddington. If you are not walking distance from Knightsbridge tube station - then I'd go ahead and thak the HEX and a cab.

(for more than 1 person - I'd get a car service instead of the HEX/cab combo)
May 30th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Get on Tube at Heathrow, get off Tube at Knightsbridge. Travel time about 50 minutes, cost £4 at most

May 30th, 2007, 02:21 PM

try this website
http://www.heathrowairport.com/asset...ral_london.pdf
May 31st, 2007, 05:35 AM

Heathrow to Knightsbridge is easy on the Tube because you donít need to change. Its the Piccadilly line all the way.

But do be careful if arriving at the weekend. There is a major programme of refurbishment going on in the Tube at the moment and some lines are closed/disrupted at the weekends. Take a look at this site for up to the minute information. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravel...e/default.html

Oh and donít forget to buy an Oystercard if you plan on taking several bus or underground trips. Its much, much cheaper. http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/oysteronline/2732.aspx
May 31st, 2007, 05:57 AM

Is the Knightsbridge stop still closed on Sundays?
May 31st, 2007, 06:24 AM

we were just there this past weekend and took the tube to Knightsbridge and it was operating just fine.
May 31st, 2007, 09:33 PM
Original Poster

thanks guys but I think I want to do the Heathrow express, have been on the tubes in past trips and I think it is great but with two suitcases and a carry on, I think I am going to opt for the express, looks like it is handy just outside of customs..Leaving Monday, hard to believe after five months of planning, I hope I have all plans done, packing, and still trying to figure out clothing for four countries. Many thanks to all of you...preparing is exhausting, wish I was on the plane with my Ipod and book I just downloaded.....long weekend of packing, cleaning frig and last minute errands. Is it worth it? We would all say - yes it is..........
May 31st, 2007, 09:45 PM

At which terminal are you landing? The HEX really is not just outside arrivals - you will have quite a hike. And then at Paddington - you again have to schlepp your bags out to the taxi rank and queue up. If that is your biggest concern - then you might be better off booking a car service. Door-to-door service and no schlepping of luggage at all.
Jun 1st, 2007, 01:14 AM

Getting from arrivals to the Heathrow Express or the tube is about the same in time and discomfort.

What you gain in time on the Heathrow Express you lose on getting from Paddington to Knightsbridge.

What you gain in comfort you lose at Paddington, unless you take a taxi.

Heathrow Express and a taxi would probably cost as much as you would spend getting a car direct from the airport to Knightsbridge.
Jun 1st, 2007, 01:53 AM

I was just quoted £ 27 by justairports.com from LHR to Knightsbridge.
Jun 2nd, 2007, 10:05 PM
Original Poster

I just went online and looked at these prices, I think they are great. Have sent email to inquire. Thanks