Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Has anyone used these car services from CDG to Paris?

Dec 5th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Original Poster

We will be arriving in Paris 12/19/12. I want to arrange a car service from CDG to Place des Vosges where we have rented an apartment. I've looked on line & found 2 services recommended. They are Shuttle Inter and Inter Service Prestige.

Anyone have any recent review of either of these? Any others we should consider?

It sounds like taxis are easy to use, but my husband likes to use a car service.

Thanks for any advice!
Dec 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM

We have used Shutttle Inter twice lately and they were very dependable. A taxi is not much more but the meter keeps running if there is a traffic jam.
We boooked on the recommendation of another fodor's poster gracejoan who has used them for years. I like that they are waitinng and you don't have to cll on arrival
Dec 5th, 2012, 09:56 AM

I have used Shuttle Inter twice also, both times i had no problems and had a special reason for using a car service ( travelling alone with a child and once during a transit strike that I figured would make taxis very busy) . Frankly taking a taxi is what I usually do, they are fine, metered and regulated.
Dec 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM

You can also check out Leaders Shuttle (www.leadershuttle.net) to compare service and rates.
Dec 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM

You can just follow the signs for "Taxi". There is no shortage.
If you do decide on a car service be sure you do not prepay. And if your ride is not there within 5 minutes head for the taxi line...
Dec 5th, 2012, 11:41 AM

I have used shuttle-inter eight or ten times and had only one no-show when my plane was four hours late! have just arranged two airport pick ups and deliveries for this month and heard back within hours....have been very happy with the service , and so convenient.
Dec 5th, 2012, 11:45 AM

My wife and I went to the Place des Voges from CDG some 12 months ago and we took a taxi and the cost was 45 Euros. I would not consider any other way.
Dec 5th, 2012, 12:09 PM

Taxis are always there. Just no problem.
Dec 5th, 2012, 12:29 PM

I have used Inter Service Prestige 3 times..The first time was few years ago and last year I used their services twice.
Dec 5th, 2012, 08:14 PM

I also urge you not to prepay for any car service ( Shuttle Inter does not ask you to prepay so no risk )
Dec 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

I requested service from Shuttle Inter, but have not heard back as yet. Thanks for all the info.
Dec 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM

I've used Shuttle-Inter for several round trips (CDG-Paris-CDG) and have always been more than satisfied with their service.